The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Fourth_Official tweeted two hours ago 'Matt Derbyshire will follow David Nugent in at Leicester City'

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere as this was the first place I thought to put the tweet.

Read the speculation Matt Derbyshire thread you moron...

Last edited:
What has this 'Fourth_Official' guy actually got right in the past that warrants his trust?

He tweeted 2 weeks before that Ba would go to Newcastle when everyone thought he was going to Everton. Cabaye to Newcastle, Jones to United, confirmed Henderson to Liverpool 3 days before it was completed officially.

This is only what I've read by this person, I've looked for a few weeks, I'd say a high percentage is accurate. Take it or leave it.

He says he doesn't have any inside info. From his Twitter page: "News from all football sources across the country, not in the know or work for any club, so don't ask"
So it sounds like he's just Tweeting stuff that's already in the public domain.

Agreed. But in the case of idiots like me, unless people like him post it, I have no idea where to even start looking for information that may be the latest thing possible.

Looks like we could actually see a bit of activity soon then, hopefully it'll shut the mongies up...

http://http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Leicester-City-line-dozen-transfer-targets/article-3664052-detail/article.html

Leicester City have lined up a dozen transfer targets and are close to completing several of those deals, says football director Andrew Neville.

He added that it had been a long process of identifying targets and launching preliminary negotiations with clubs and players.

But he is confident some of the deals can be completed in the next 10 days.

City have yet to add to their squad this summer but Neville said some deals were close.

Although Neville would not discuss targets, the Mercury understands City are in talks with free agent David Nugent and have targeted Huddersfield right-back Lee Peltier and Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

Striker Matt Derbyshire is also under consideration, and there have been attempts to bring back last season's loanees Ben Mee, Kyle Naughton, Patrick Van Aanholt and Miguel Vitor.

City have also been linked with a host of other names. The latest is Leeds United goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who has reportedly been the subject of a £1.5 million bid from City, according to a national newspaper yesterday.

There has been some frustration among City fans at the lack of signings so far.

But Neville said he was confident some of the new arrivals would come in before the players report back for pre-season training at the start of next month.

"We have homed in on about a dozen targets at the moment," said Neville.

"We won't get them all but, hopefully, we will get a number of them in the next few weeks.

"We have done a lot of work in the last two weeks to get where we are at the moment and we are quite close on a number of acquisitions.

"We would like to do those before the end of this month, because we see pre-season to be a critical time. If you get pre-season right, normally the season will go well.

"To get it right, ideally, we would like the players in the building by the first week in July."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669