Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was supposed to be us :102:

Well, what I should have said is if he's going on loan in League One, it's better that he'll be going to a side vying for promotion, they'll win a lot of games and hopefully if he gets played regularly, he'll score a lot of goals.

PK gave his all and was OK but he's no more than decent in this division. He's not the type Pearson will want and is no doubt a high earner so wouldn't be at all surprised to see him moved on for next to nothing.

Last edited:
In some games it appeared that PK took 20 minutes to get in the game.

Thought both our fullbacks last season were lacking.

So spion: two questions.

1. You really find it amazingggg that I don't rate him?

2. How do you rate him? Think he's the business?

Think we're in trouble this season. The decks have been cleared, but now there appears to be no one on the decks! While players like Murphy go to Blackburn. Vardy, de late and James may well end up being decent, but starting with a defence of de late, st ledger, Morgan and moore, with a one paced midfield of wellens king etc in front of them doesn't exactly scream " champions" to me.....

Think we're in trouble this season. The decks have been cleared, but now there appears to be no one on the decks! While players like Murphy go to Blackburn. Vardy, de late and James may well end up being decent, but starting with a defence of de late, st ledger, Morgan and moore, with a one paced midfield of wellens king etc in front of them doesn't exactly scream " champions" to me.....

It's not even July yet and we've signed three players, what more do you want? The decks have hardly been cleared either, we've sold one player. Calm yourself down.

It's not even July yet and we've signed three players, what more do you want? The decks have hardly been cleared either, we've sold one player. Calm yourself down.

Don't worry, he comes out of the woodwork at this time of year to panic.

Far from it, but then neither was he as bad as some people make out

He was steady and had a fairly decent season, but I wouldn't say he's an integral part of the side and if you take into account his supposedly large wage, I'm sure we could move him on and get in a cheaper long-term replacement.

I'm not claiming to be ITK or anything, but from what I hear we're still after that Zeki Fryers lad from Man Utd, but it looks like he's off to either Newcastle or Spurs apparently. However, that would still suggest that we're in the market for a left back.

Firstly, the lad's name is De Laet. With capital letters and everything. Secondly, the decks have hardly been cleared; we've released a few players who were nowhere near the first team and replaced the two first-teamers who have gone. Thirdly, and I feel most importantly, it's

****ing

JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't care less about your personal opinion of him to be honest :icon_bigg

Then why come on a football forum and comment on it then?

Clearly you could have cared less.

He was, as you say, ok. He was also a top earner and the most regular part of a back four that was, generally, hopeless at defending the flanks.

Firstly, the lad's name is De Laet. With capital letters and everything. Secondly, the decks have hardly been cleared; we've released a few players who were nowhere near the first team and replaced the two first-teamers who have gone. Thirdly, and I feel most importantly, it's

****ing

junewhitfield7_396x222.jpg

Too much detail!

Granted it's only JUNE 26th, but the season starts in only 6 or so weeks; We've shipped out 10 players and over the next 6 weeksPearson is conservatively looking for: a right back, 2 centre backs, a back up goalie (assuming no one trys to buy Schmeichel), a holding midfielder and arguably a striker/wideman - given Dyer/Gallagher mixed form last year. Then he has to bed them in and decide his best team. Other than that - i think we're pretty well set and have a clear idea of how next season's going to pan out. We finished 9th and have then got rid of 10 players. Three players with either no experience, or unsuccesful experience of the Championship have been bought in to replace them so far.

You can write stuff in bold or whatever. But anyone things we're any further forward than when Pearson joined is mad. We're still one paced in midfield. have wes morgan and st ledger as our only centre backs, no first choice right back and strikers who will need to play wide......

Granted it's only JUNE 26th, but the season starts in only 6 or so weeks; We've shipped out 10 players and over the next 6 weeksPearson is conservatively looking for: a right back, 2 centre backs, a back up goalie (assuming no one trys to buy Schmeichel), a holding midfielder and arguably a striker/wideman - given Dyer/Gallagher mixed form last year. Then he has to bed them in and decide his best team. Other than that - i think we're pretty well set and have a clear idea of how next season's going to pan out. We finished 9th and have then got rid of 10 players. Three players with either no experience, or unsuccesful experience of the Championship have been bought in to replace them so far.

You can write stuff in bold or whatever. But anyone things we're any further forward than when Pearson joined is mad. We're still one paced in midfield. have wes morgan and st ledger as our only centre backs, no first choice right back and strikers who will need to play wide......

You keep banging on that we've lost 10 players, you haven't mentioned that about 9 of them were absolute shite/crocked and were nowhere near the first team. Most of them couldn't even get on the bench. I'd be more worried if they were still here.

You moan that we're not signing players and dismiss the three players that we've already signed before they've even kicked a ball. De Laet has Championship experience - why don't you ask Portsmouth fans how much they rated him? He's also played in the PL. As for Vardy and James - who'd ever heard of Martyn Waghorn, Mark Davies, Tom Cleverley or Ben Marshall before they turned up here? And they turned out to be alright. I trust NP and the scouting he and his staff undertake - they've unearthed some great players during their current and previous spell here. But maybe you're right, perhaps we should go on a massive spending spree and sign a load of washed up premier league players and big name championship players for massive fees and wages? Oh wait, we tried that last season and look how that panned out?

The transfer window isn't even open yet! Why are you pissing your little knickers?! We've done more business than most of the other clubs in the Championship, so chill out and let Pearson get on with his job. Thank Jeebus we've got someone level headed and sensible in charge of the club and not some panicking loon signing every man and his dog.

You keep banging on that we've lost 10 players, you haven't mentioned that about 9 of them were absolute shite/crocked and were nowhere near the first team. Most of them couldn't even get on the bench. I'd be more worried if they were still here.

You moan that we're not signing players and dismiss the three players that we've already signed before they've even kicked a ball. De Laet has Championship experience - why don't you ask Portsmouth fans how much they rated him? He's also played in the PL. As for Vardy and James - who'd ever heard of Martyn Waghorn, Mark Davies, Tom Cleverley or Ben Marshall before they turned up here? And they turned out to be alright. I trust NP and the scouting he and his staff undertake - they've unearthed some great players during their current and previous spell here. But maybe you're right, perhaps we should go on a massive spending spree and sign a load of washed up premier league players and big name championship players for massive fees and wages? Oh wait, we tried that last season and look how that panned out?

The transfer window isn't even open yet! Why are you pissing your little knickers?! We've done more business than most of the other clubs in the Championship, so chill out and let Pearson get on with his job. Thank Jeebus we've got someone level headed and sensible in charge of the club and not some panicking loon signing every man and his dog.

great - will be interesting to quote every post you make next year about 'why didn't we sign such and such', 'why does the midfield, defence etc not work together', 'why have we started the season so slowly'. We'll be woefully short come first few weeks of the season. And then everyone will be moaning. I'm just suggesting early doors that Pearson's plan is always 'chuck the baby out with the bathwater' and then get King, Wellens and Dyer back in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669