Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a look through Fourth Officials tweets and cant see anything to do with Beckford's wages...

So many on this board profess certainty that BertLCFC, ToffeeFox et al are attention seeking morons. It is indeed kind of these people not to just shut up and leave the craving of these sad characters unfulfilled, but to waste post after post making 'clever remarks'; thus ensuring their reward.

I enjoy reading supposition and have an ability to retain a certain scepticism as to the accuracy of their remarks and not to be too upset if they 'know a secret that I don't' but, if you do not, then ignore them.

Well at least one other person gets it too :038:

The moaners just come across as envious imo.

EDIT - re speculation - Beckford leaving wouldn't exactly be the biggest surprise in the world, yes he has (very) occassionally shown what he can do but for the money spent, we could easily get someone else to do what he did for us last season and if his wages are unsustainable then it is the best thing to do and move him on.

Last edited:
I'd be disappointed if Beckford goes. Not a massive surprise, but still a little surprised. Him and Nugent showed signs of being a really good partnership last year.

I'd be disappointed if Beckford goes. Not a massive surprise, but still a little surprised. Him and Nugent showed signs of being a really good partnership last year.

Agree, I will be disappointed.

So many on this board profess certainty that BertLCFC, ToffeeFox et al are attention seeking morons. It is indeed kind of these people not to just shut up and leave the craving of these sad characters unfulfilled, but to waste post after post making 'clever remarks'; thus ensuring their reward.

I enjoy reading supposition and have an ability to retain a certain scepticism as to the accuracy of their remarks and not to be too upset if they 'know a secret that I don't' but, if you do not, then ignore them.

If it's all the same to you, I'll continue to do exactly what I ****ing want which includes calling them attention-seeking wankers. If that causes you or Matt a problem then feel free not to read it.

If it's all the same to you, I'll continue to do exactly what I ****ing want which includes calling them attention-seeking wankers. If that causes you or Matt a problem then feel free not to read it.

Where did I attempt to deny you that right? I merely drew attention to a logic deficit in such activity.

There is no doubt that Beckford has the capability to score goals at this level, however for me I don't believe he has the desire and in terms of value for money he has been a big disappointment.

I don't think this decision is based around Pearson not being able to handle bigger name players or egos, I think it is financial decision the management team have made believing that the fee and wages relating to Beckford can be better utilised elsewhere.

I don't think this decision is based around Pearson not being able to handle bigger name players or egos, I think it is financial decision the management team have made believing that the fee and wages relating to Beckford can be better utilised elsewhere.

Purely speculation at the moment. I think it would be shortsighted to move Beckford on, him and Nugent have looked the most dangerous striking pair we have had for a long time. Sort out a strong creative midfielder and we could be a real threat next year.

There is better chance of cafe actually posting something noteworthy then Michael Owen joining us. He has already stated that he would not drop down to the Championship if no Premier League club comes in for him. The fact he has sat on Manure's bench for the last 2 seasons would suggest that playing football isn't a top priority for him anymore.

15 goals last season in a very unsettled team and people are questioning Beckfords desire to score goals? Seems very strange to me especially as we have been told numerous times that he is a very hard worker on the training pitch and many times last season I was praising his high workrate,

It's typical of Leicester fans to look for negatives and beat down a player who should actually be enjoyed by the fans, any other team in this entire division would love Beckford in their squad, yet we seem to question areas of a players mental state that not one person on here has a ****ing clue about.

I truely think that Beckford would be up there for top goalscorer this season, I just hope the fans don't come along to that Idiot off radio Leicester' way of thinking and push the lad out.

I would be worried if we only had the likes of Futacs and Waghorn to fall back on, If Nugent and Varney were the 1st choice partnership.

Last edited:
Wellens is injured, so Beckford is the one to pick on for a few months

Soon as he's back in contention for a place in the team, the natural order will be restored (unless Gallagher makes the starting 11, in which case it's all systems go)

15 goals last season in a very unsettled team and people are questioning Beckfords desire to score goals? Seems very strange to me especially as we have been told numerous times that he is a very hard worker on the training pitch and many times last season I was praising his high workrate,

It's typical of Leicester fans to look for negatives and beat down a player who should actually be enjoyed by the fans, any other team in this entire division would love Beckford in their squad, yet we seem to question areas of a players mental state that not one person on here has a ****ing clue about.

I truely think that Beckford would be up there for top goalscorer this season, I just hope the fans don't come along to that Idiot off radio Leicester' way of thinking and push the lad out.

I would be worried if we only had the likes of Futacs and Waghorn to fall back on, If Nugent and Varney were the 1st choice partnership.

Wellens is injured, so Beckford is the one to pick on for a few months

Soon as he's back in contention for a place in the team, the natural order will be restored (unless Gallagher makes the starting 11, in which case it's all systems go)

This is all on the back of a tweet from Fourth Official who, whilst more reliable than most, gets a fair bit wrong. If it turns out to be correct, then we can get annoyed. Until then people should treat it as just bollocks.

Tweeted by and actually named by toffee fox who is most accurate with his predictions
apparently.

This.

Make no mistake about it if Beckford has a good season were in top 6, (like or loathe him) hes a key player for us

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670