Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally tweets loads of Spurs related stuff. A bit of a nob but is usually there or there abouts.

I can only see it happening if Beckford is on his way, which I hope is not the case.

I can only see it happening if Beckford is on his way, which I hope is not the case.

Pearson seemed to suggest post match that he was definitely unwell, trained yesterday just not quite ready for today but would be involved Wednesday. He's been fairly open in the past if he's got an issue ala St Ledger and Mills.

Or Waghorn or Schlupp. Look at how many strikers WHU and even Southampton had last season.

Ture.

Could still do with an extra winger, I love Lloyd but I doubt he has 46 games of promotion winning brilliance in him.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if we signed Heskey at this point, having already got Vardy and, more to the point, Futacs.

Futacs seemed like the Plan B target man option. Would be surprised if we bought in Heskey for this role as well.

Ture.

Could still do with an extra winger, I love Lloyd but I doubt he has 46 games of promotion winning brilliance in him.

Definitely need a winger. Big gaping hole there in my opinion. Dyer/Gallagher aren't good enough. Squad players yes. Either of them as regular starters, no.
Midfield still doesn't look good enough to me.

Definitely need a winger. Big gaping hole there in my opinion. Dyer/Gallagher aren't good enough. Squad players yes. Either of them as regular starters, no.
Midfield still doesn't look good enough to me.

Bang on, it's one thing I can't stand about Pearson, his reluctance to play two wide men as actual wide men. No doubt we will have yet another central player playing a role similar to Matt Oakley this season.

Schlupp played on the left against Hinckley.

Sven played him at left back in Sweden last summer! :icon_bigg

Nige has 6 weeks to sort something and I hope he won't disappoint.

With regards to Schluppy love, I think a loan spell to League 1 would be great for him.

Last edited:
Bang on, it's one thing I can't stand about Pearson, his reluctance to play two wide men as actual wide men. No doubt we will have yet another central player playing a role similar to Matt Oakley this season.

Why do we need two wide men though? Not all clubs play two wide men out wide. A 4-3-3 doesn't really support it.

Last edited:
Why do we need two wide men though? Not all clubs play two wide men out wide. A 4-3-3 doesn't really support it.

We will wish we had a wide man when we have Danns or someone else playing out of position all season. It was a major reason for our lack of creativity last season, I hope we dont make the mistake twice, although it looks like we will do.

We will wish we had a wide man when we have Danns or someone else playing out of position all season. It was a major reason for our lack of creativity last season, I hope we dont make the mistake twice, although it looks like we will do.

Danns didn't play out wide last season.

Danns didn't play out wide last season.

He did on a few occasions, however I was merely using him as an example, replace his name with any other central midfielder.

He did on a few occasions, however I was merely using him as an example, replace his name with any other central midfielder.

I agree that an out and out winger is vastly preferable to a centre mid. It depends on the system we go for on the matchday though, a pacy winger in the mould of Lloyd wouldn't suit a game when we're trying to control possession rather than playing on the break.

Hobbs! .....we will have no players left if they all come to massive club Leicester.When you win the Champions League I will defo buy a peely shirt.
How doo yoo spell deloooooshional
Call me a twxt if you want to but do you wonder why you get mocked.
Chester,Rossy,Stewart,Koren,Hobbs-our tea lady only has 4 years left on her contract.
We are gutted to hear about your dressing room unrest

Hobbs! .....we will have no players left if they all come to massive club Leicester.When you win the Champions League I will defo buy a peely shirt.
How doo yoo spell deloooooshional
Call me a twxt if you want to but do you wonder why you get mocked.
Chester,Rossy,Stewart,Koren,Hobbs-our tea lady only has 4 years left on her contract.
We are gutted to hear about your dressing room unrest

Your boring. Go away.

BertLCFC and ToffeeFox seem to be jizzing in their trousers on Twitter over something that's allegedly going on. Top secret of course so they can't talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669