Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard that Beckford's situation is all down to wages, which is what I guess we all thought anyway. I guess FFP is having an impact.

I would imagine that is total bollocks myself. I would think Nugent would be on a similar wage and can't see the owners getting rid of the one player who could actually tip us over the line in terms of promotion just to save a bit of money. If we don't do it this year then I could see him leaving but certainly not now.

Of course this is purely my opinion and nothing this club does would surprise me.

Last edited:
I would imagine that is total bollocks myself. I would think Nugent would be on a similar wage and can't see the owners getting rid of the one player who could actually tip us over the line in terms of promotion just to save a bit of money. If we don't do it this year then I could see him leaving but certainly not now.

Of course this is purely my opinion and nothing this club does would surprise me.

Beckford came from Everton on improved terms here. He's our highest earner by some margin.

Beckford came from Everton on improved terms here. He's our highest earner by some margin.

So we are saying that the owners (Experienced businessmen) were stupid enough to offer him wages they could only afford to pay for 1 season?

Plus the fact that nobody will offer him terms anywhere near what we are offering and we will have to pay the difference anyway.

Seems like shite to me.

So we are saying that the owners (Experienced businessmen) were stupid enough to offer him wages they could only afford to pay for 1 season?

Plus the fact that nobody will offer him terms anywhere near what we are offering and we will have to pay the difference anyway.

Seems like shite to me.

Draw your own conclusions.

So we are saying that the owners (Experienced businessmen) were stupid enough to be conned by Sven into offering stupid wages, and have now been told the truth about how they have pissed their money down the crapper ?

Sounds about right to me

Experienced businessmen do stupid things when they run football clubs. They were probably expecting to get promoted last season. If that had happened his wages wouldn't have been an issue.

But getting rid simply increases the chances of failure again this season, I just can't see this coming from the owners. Purely my opinion as already stated.

While that is all almost definitely true, perhaps Pearson is only allowed to keep one of them. Of course Nugent is on big wages but he was also much more productive than Beckford last season. But I would be surprised if the owners splashed out on wages for the latter and then suddenly decided he was too expensive to keep.

Doesn't quite add up to me either but we'll see I suppose.

While that is all almost definitely true, perhaps Pearson is only allowed to keep one of them. Of course Nugent is on big wages but he was also much more productive than Beckford last season. But I would be surprised if the owners splashed out on wages for the latter and then suddenly decided he was too expensive to keep.

Doesn't quite add up to me either but we'll see I suppose.

The owners arent making football decisions. Sven told them Beckford was worth the cash, Pearson is telling them he isnt.

The owners arent making football decisions. Sven told them Beckford was worth the cash, Pearson is telling them he isnt.

Pearson needs to have a word with himself if that's true.

Futacs and Waghorn to step up and fill the 15 - 20 goal void, god help us.

How do you know about Futacs? Also, maybe Pearson thinks he can get someone in on less wages who will do the same job? I have no idea, but until the situation has played itself out, it is hard to know what will happen.

Id say Nugent and Vardy are likely to be first choice, followed by Futacs, Waghorn, Schlupp plus 1 other I would think.

Nine last season (in the League) - not much of a void to fill, really

I would hope the team will be capable of creating enough chances for Beckford to score 15-20 goals this season otherwise we won't be going anywhere.

I'm simply not happy with having to fall back on the likes of Waghorn if Vardy or Nugent miss a game, which they will, Futacs doesn't strike me as an out and out goalscorer and I think we will be no stronger than last season.

I'm simply not happy with having to fall back on the likes of Waghorn if Vardy or Nugent miss a game, which they will, Futacs doesn't strike me as an out and out goalscorer and I think we will be no stronger than last season.

Oh Jebus, no - I completely agree. If Waghorn gets a game this season then we might as well give up now

If Beckford does go, I have no doubt whatsoever that someone else will come in

It's the fact that some people seem to think he is irreplaceable that remains a complete mystery to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669