Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this over-powering urge to place a baseball bat rapidly into the teeth of any person uttering the term 'bromance'.

I'm not sure Portsmouth fans would agree!

Portsmouth shouldn't exist as a club anymore, the 'football family' is desperately trying to help them survive but should just let it go.

I have this over-powering urge to place a baseball bat rapidly into the teeth of any person uttering the term 'bromance'.

Well, to be honest, that was the response I gunning for from Mr Gwilliam, but I'm happy to get under your skin too bro. Now gizza hug

Well, to be honest, that was the response I gunning for from Mr Gwilliam, but I'm happy to get under your skin too bro. Now gizza hug

I'm the very last person to be averse to a bit of homo-erotic behaviour. It's just the word. That word. Ugh.

But the FA Cup doesn't start for ages

It started exactly a month ago today. Around 400 clubs have already been knocked out of this season's competition.

Portsmouth shouldn't exist as a club anymore, the 'football family' is desperately trying to help them survive but should just let it go.

I would assert that Portsmouth should exist as a club and that the 'football family' should have done more to ensure that were never able to get into their current financial quagmire. The whole of the game will reap what it has sown.

Whatever happens at Portsmouth now, they have had their moment of glory. We are in danger of following them into the financial maelstrom for nothing more than mediocrity.

I was waiting for that one. Better to have loved and lived etc?

Well, I bet most Pompey fans would swap their moment of glory against survival of the club any day

I would assert that Portsmouth should exist as a club and that the 'football family' should have done more to ensure that were never able to get into their current financial quagmire. The whole of the game will reap what it has sown.

Badly run businesses should fail to be replaced by better run ones, football clubs live on as zombie companies because fans can't lose 'their' club because they are part of the local community. Some need to fail so that reality reasserts itself and propper business practices become the norm

Badly run businesses should fail to be replaced by better run ones, football clubs live on as zombie companies because fans can't lose 'their' club because they are part of the local community. Some need to fail so that reality reasserts itself and propper business practices become the norm

..... or a system that bonds the owners to the debt and punishes them for poor business practices. :icon_wink

Different when it's "your" club.

No it's not for me, if City goes to the wall because of bad management then so be it, hopefully other teams and the 'football family' would see the results and modify their reckless practices.

I tend to agree. Medium to large clubs, such as ourselves, would, almost inevitably, be reformed and a start in non-league football would be just punishment.

Maybe - but as the non-league has shown, there is life after the death of a club. For a huge number of people involved it becomes a time of excitement, togetherness and enjoyment (like a swapping party in the suburbs). Just like people proclaiming the end of times when we were relegated to the third tier, it wasn't bad at all really.

I tend to agree. Medium to large clubs, such as ourselves, would, almost inevitably, be reformed and a start in non-league football would be just punishment.

I wager I get a vast return of entertainment for my non-league pound compared to your Championship one. Most places in the Championship are over-policed shitholes and the football (going by the streams) tends to defensive bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757