The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Bert, though, it's Rob Tanner, who has a reputation of predicting/knowing the square root of feck all

Kasper's out of contract next year, so I'm convinced he will be going the minute the correct fee is offered. We won't be able to afford what he would require in a new contract
Then again, Kaspar might decide to stay for the year anyway, if he doesn't fancy going to a particular club ( I mean, who in their right mind would want to go anywhere near Hull ). If we were to go up he gets a juicy new contract, if not he walks away and gets a juicy signing on fee as he's on a freebie.

Then again, Kaspar might decide to stay for the year anyway, if he doesn't fancy going to a particular club ( I mean, who in their right mind would want to go anywhere near Hull ). If we were to go up he gets a juicy new contract, if not he walks away and gets a juicy signing on fee as he's on a freebie.
Exactly this. It's not in Kasper's interests, financially or career-wise, to go to Hull. If he's got any sense, he'll see out his contract here and see what offers roll in next year.

Exactly this. It's not in Kasper's interests, financially or career-wise, to go to Hull. If he's got any sense, he'll see out his contract here and see what offers roll in next year.

It's not in the clubs interest to let him run down his contract and leave on a free, they'll claim they are trying to keep him to appease the fans but be pushing him towards anyone who offers a decent fee.

It's not in the clubs interest to let him run down his contract and leave on a free, they'll claim they are trying to keep him to appease the fans but be pushing him towards anyone who offers a decent fee.
Ture, but if the only interest is from Hull - a club with little chance of staying up - he'll be smart to knock it back. In his shoes, I'd be waiting for, at the very least, a mid-table club like West Brom, Swansea or Liverpool to show interest.

Last edited:
Ture, but if the only interest is from Hull - a club with little chance of staying up - he'll be smart to knock it back. In his shoes, I'd be waiting for, at the very least, a mid-table club like West Brom, Swansea or Liverpool to show interest.
Me likey the demeaning mention of our Scouse friends. Very good.

Weird choice of clubs though when he'd be second choice at any of them - Schmeichel wouldn't get past Foster, Vorm or Reina into those teams and I think will be more interested in being first choice.

Which is an interesting point though... he'd probably have to go to one of the promoted teams to get regular first team football in the Premier League - a few other clubs maybe (Stoke for example, if Begovic leaves as widely rumoured), but I don't see that many takers there yet.

So an extra year of first team football with us, then potentially a freebie to one of those clubs once he's developed/proven himself more...

Please stay Kasper!

But surely, now that we have retained Nigel, we're guaranteed promotion next season and then, Kasper may well sign a new contract! (Tongue bursts through cheek and head ducks the, all too physical, brick bats!) :icon_bigg

Which is an interesting point though... he'd probably have to go to one of the promoted teams to get regular first team football in the Premier League - a few other clubs maybe (Stoke for example, if Begovic leaves as widely rumoured), but I don't see that many takers there yet.

Stoke have signed Jack Butland....

Have I missed something?

Why are the club not offering Kasper a new contract?

Surely a new contract increases his transfer value, and he is the only one in the team providing value for the Sven silly money contracts.

Or has he been offered one and turned it down?

Have I missed something?

Why are the club not offering Kasper a new contract?

Surely a new contract increases his transfer value, and he is the only one in the team providing value for the Sven silly money contracts.

Or has he been offered one and turned it down?
Would you sign one? I wouldn't.

Oh, and JOIN THE PREDICTION LEAGUE.

But can't command his own six yard box. Great in other areas mind.

Too busy trying to command the rest of the pitch seeing as there are no other born leaders on it.

Correct. Anyone who believes the club is determined to keep Kasper is off their head.

The issue was never about not being prepared to sell him to Hull - it was how much?

It is in Leicester's best (financial) interest to sell him this summer. However, it appears that no offer has come in that matches Leicester's valuation and at the same time is appealing to the player. It's interesting that other keepers are the subject of far bigger fee speculation than Kasper. Why is this? Presumably because although he is our best player, he isn't regarded as a super keeper by major clubs home and abroad. Of course, he is relatively young foe a keeper and may futher enhance his reputation.

Wouldn't it make more sense to offer him a new contract?

All of the cards are in Kaspers favour at present and I guess that any affordable offer the club was to make would be rejected.

Wouldn't it make more sense to offer him a new contract?

It would make sense to the extent that it could be presented to fans as evidence that the club is trying really hard to keep the player.

However, i don't ror a second believe that they intend to keep him and even if they do, I'm sure that kasper wants to play at a higher level next season. Leicester's aim is to get the cash -unfortunately they haven't apparantly got a rivel bidder to Hull who would drive up the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669