The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of forest fans and their general impression is that he always gave everything that he's got, but was a bit limited. However, when they've watched him play for us they think he's improved as a player a lot.

You mean to say that PEA son has improved a player? And an average one at that? I don't believe you.

My mate has always said Morgan was a total rock at the back for them, he has never understood why any Forest fan would think otherwise.

I know a lot of forest fans and their general impression is that he always gave everything that he's got, but was a bit limited. However, when they've watched him play for us they think he's improved as a player a lot.

Yeah that's my belief too. City are in a bad situation here. Morgan only has 12 months on his contract, Forest can probably pay the same as us now, if not.

I've not met one Forest fan who actually rates Morgan so it would be interesting were he to go back.

Exceptional pub player who maximises his build and his limited skills. Keep him, I would hope to get better

Yeah that's my belief too. City are in a bad situation here. Morgan only has 12 months on his contract, Forest can probably pay the same as us now, if not.

Because we've been through a period of heavy spending, mounting debt, insustainable financial policy (unless promoted) it's difficult to take aboard how severe the new financial cuts are.

Wes Morgan will be 30 by the end of next season and presumably is one of our biggest wages player.

The declared policy is to base the squad on talented young players whose transfer value will potentially increase. It would be consistent with this policy to sell him back to Forest.

But how quickly things change in football. Its not long ago that Forest were perceived as having no money and no ambition - and we were seriously splashing the cash.

Still there is nothing to worry about because no less authorities than the lead football writer of the LM and the expert analyst Dion Dublin have us marked down for automatic promotion. The deficiencies in central midfield and lack of cover in defence which cost us dear last season no longer apply -obviously.

As it seems we're prepared to sell all our best players maybe NP will consider his future... oh the irony...
The only thing to have apparently come out of the club for a while is a list of seven players who are available, and that we won't sell Kasper to Hull. That hardly constitutes being "prepared to sell all of our best players" - in fact, it looks like quite the opposite.

The only thing to have apparently come out of the club for a while is a list of seven players who are available, and that we won't sell Kasper to Hull. That hardly constitutes being "prepared to sell all of our best players" - in fact, it looks like quite the opposite.

Indeed Plan A is to sell the players we don't want - perfectly logical.
But if that can't be done then Plan B could be sell the players that others want to buy - particularly if they're coming to the end of their contracts...

Last edited:
Because we've been through a period of heavy spending, mounting debt, insustainable financial policy (unless promoted) it's difficult to take aboard how severe the new financial cuts are.

Wes Morgan will be 30 by the end of next season and presumably is one of our biggest wages player.

The declared policy is to base the squad on talented young players whose transfer value will potentially increase. It would be consistent with this policy to sell him back to Forest.

But how quickly things change in football. Its not long ago that Forest were perceived as having no money and no ambition - and we were seriously splashing the cash.

Still there is nothing to worry about because no less authorities than the lead football writer of the LM and the expert analyst Dion Dublin have us marked down for automatic promotion. The deficiencies in central midfield and lack of cover in defence which cost us dear last season no longer apply -obviously.

Morgan is on roughly half the salary of SSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566