The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

Martyn Waghorn coming on a season long loan deal at Leicester City. Heard this on good authority from a source who wishes to remain unnamed

Leicester City: – Current Negotiations
IN:
Nicky Weaver (free)
Mark Quigley (Bohemians)
Andy Bond (Barrow)
Calvin Zola (Crewe)
Jay Spearing (Liverpool – Loan)

OUT
Conrad Logan (Port Vale – Loan)
Aman Verma (Lincoln City – Loan)
DJ Campbell (Blackpool)

Everton news
yakubu to west ham 6mil
yobo plus 2mil to newcastle for s taylor
hibbert to blackpool 2.5mil
vaughan to leicester 1.5mil
pienar to spurs px keane
hatam ben arfa 8mil
beckford free

And from The Blackpoll Gazzette

After finishing the season on loan at Blackpool, Leicester striker DJ Campbell wants to return to the Seasiders next season but is concerned at the transfer fee his parent club may demand.

Han, if you're going to post and give dignity to people who just play out some fantasy where they are joining their club they support posting on transfer rumours, at least check if the players actually exist if you're going to post them. Andy Bond, FFS!

Last edited:

:icon_lol: Well, that just shat on my chips and peas.

I assume that most the people on that site linked to us from non-league clubs are made up.

Han, if you're going to post and give dignity to people who just play out some fantasy where they are joining their club they support posting on transfer rumours, at least check if the players actually exist if you're going to post them. Andy Bond, FFS!

Have you not read the thread title? I'm keeping a tradition alive. Bugger off if you don't like it.

And thanks for the backup :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Have you not read the thread title? I'm keeping a tradition alive. Bugger off if you don't like it.

And thanks for the backup :icon_lol:
Exactly. It was for this reason that the thread was created!

Why is 'out of contract' hyphenated?

You could arguably have 'out-of-contract' with hyphens but only when when used as an adjectival phrase, e.g. He is an out-of-contract player. The BBC have got it wrong.

The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

bocadillo said:
The BBC have got it wrong.
The same BBC that mentioned an 'Eyal Berkovics' yesterday? The same BBC that once told us 'England win Jamaica 6-1'? The same BBC that keeps referring to City as the Tigers? Surely not.

The same BBC that mentioned an 'Eyal Berkovics' yesterday? The same BBC that once told us 'England win Jamaica 6-1'? The same BBC that keeps referring to City as the Tigers? Surely not.

The same BBC who have just said that "the task can be completed easier if [something or other] applies." on Radio Four, no less.

But what's the difference between an adjective and an adverb amongst friends ffs!

The thing that really annoys me about the BBC is the lack of representation of girls with massive tits. That's the worstest thing. Mother****ers. I could forgive bad adverbs and stuff if there were more tits on the telly.

The thing that really annoys me about the BBC is the lack of representation of girls with massive tits. That's the worstest thing. Mother****ers. I could forgive bad adverbs and stuff if there were more tits on the telly.

I like the cut of your jib young man.

Didn't realise he had been released - always liked him, would be a decent signing.

We are not going to get into the Prem with "decent signings". We have "decent signings" on the bench. What we need is players better than the ones who finished 5th.

David Gwilliam said:
We are not going to get into the Prem with "decent signings". We have "decent signings" on the bench. What we need is players better than the ones who finished 5th.
Joe Cole is out of contract.

We need to replace Waghorn, Spearing and Vaughan first (or get them back). Then we'll be back to the strength we were to finish 5th.

Then we need to...

DesertFox said:
We need to replace Waghorn, Spearing and Vaughan first (or get them back). Then we'll be back to the strength we were to finish 5th.

Then we need to...
...sign Ibrahimovic, Nani and Vermaelen.

Immediately.

Or we will be relegated.

Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611