The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

york city striker Micheal Rankine rumoured to be joining us (link is one af those crap rumour sites, although a fee of £50k is mentioned so is probably within our range!

Over-priced IMO.

Ranks as a probable load of quabble that.

york city striker Micheal Rankine rumoured to be joining us (link is one af those crap rumour sites, although a fee of £50k is mentioned so is probably within our range!

“Gimme little bass make me wind up me waist - uptown top Rankine"

would be a good goal celebration, if he ever scores.

Having seen him and York play a couple of times last season its unlikely we would be interested in this guy! In fact I would go as far to say we wont be interested.

steve morrison (milwall striker) rumoured in morning papers (well the sun!)

Mercury reckons that Millwall will want a million plus for him but that Pearson will not have that sort of money to spend without selling first.

They reckon that we are looking at several signings, all on frees and that nothing will be done until later in the summer.

In our local paper here it says having signed Sedgwick (he's actually an Owls fan) from Preston the expectations are that Wednesday are now looking for a "robust" forward. So I expect we might get a bid from them for Howard.

While interested in Nolan, Irvine also wants two new strikers having axed Francis Jeffers and Leon Clarke following the club's relegation.

A powerful, robust striker is thought to be top of the Scot's shopping list to partner Marcus Tudgay up front.

In our local paper here it says having signed Sedgwick (he's actually an Owls fan) from Preston the expectations are that Wednesday are now looking for a "robust" forward. So I expect we might get a bid from them for Howard.

If Howard could play every week the way he did against Cardiff in the POSF, I would not want to get rid of him. Just extra cans of Red Bull to keep him going!

Apperently Olivier Dacourt has signed a short term contract, can't remember where I heard it.....

I have it on good authority Koren is genuinely considering us, just waiting til after the world cup has finished to commit

I have it on good authority Koren is genuinely considering us, just waiting til after the world cup has finished to commit

Makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00