The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

My understanding is that we initially wanted £2m. Blackpool asked us to lower the price, which we did to £1.5m. Blackpool were still unhappy, and DJ is now unhappy with Blackpool.

I suspect we'll give in and agree a deal of about £1m + some sort of add-ons.

My understanding is that we initially wanted £2m. Blackpool asked us to lower the price, which we did to £1.5m. Blackpool were still unhappy, and DJ is now unhappy with Blackpool.

I know that he's scored goals for them, but we should still bite their hands off for anything like £1million; Campbell has made it clear that he doesn't want to play for us and I do not foresee a queue waiting to sign him.

My understanding was that it was a lot less than that and we wanted to sell him for £1mil, but Blackpool wanted him on a free.

Echo. :)

£500,000 for Howard, would you accept? It's a good offer.

£500,000 for Howard, would you accept? It's a good offer.

Never replace him for that

No deal

Howard isn't a first teamer and will probably start about 10 games next season. So usually you'd accept half a million for a squad player.

However, Howard offers us something that any of other strikers do not, not in his hold up play as Fryatt holds the ball up incredibly well for a player of a pretty average build, but his strength and power at his best frighten the life out of defenders.

He offers something different when things aren't going our way and we need those options in our squad over a season, so I would keep him myself.

Would do for me as backup to Jay, but I think 500k could buy a younger, hungrier up and comer. Overpriced in my opinion.

Howard isn't a first teamer and will probably start about 10 games next season. So usually you'd accept half a million for a squad player.

However, Howard offers us something that any of other strikers do not, not in his hold up play as Fryatt holds the ball up incredibly well for a player of a pretty average build, but his strength and power at his best frighten the life out of defenders.

He offers something different when things aren't going our way and we need those options in our squad over a season, so I would keep him myself.

If he was going to play like he did at Cardiff for a couple of seasons then I would have to say no way. The question is....will he be able to keep up that level of performance? NP will have to decide.

We will not get a decent replacement for £500k, but it is a lot of money for someone nearing the end of his career in the top two divisions.

Never replace him for that

No deal

Seriously? Old father time is replacing him whether we like it or not. If we're offered anywhere near this we should bite arms off. He's one of the better paid players, plus a decent fee this would really free up funds for new blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00