The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

Seriously? Old father time is replacing him whether we like it or not. If we're offered anywhere near this we should bite arms off. He's one of the better paid players, plus a decent fee this would really free up funds for new blood.

This new blood though needs to be at least 6' 3" and about 14st like Howard or Bothroyd.

Do you know a striker that size on the market for 500k?

Howard isn't a first teamer and will probably start about 10 games next season. So usually you'd accept half a million for a squad player.

However, Howard offers us something that any of other strikers do not, not in his hold up play as Fryatt holds the ball up incredibly well for a player of a pretty average build, but his strength and power at his best frighten the life out of defenders.

He offers something different when things aren't going our way and we need those options in our squad over a season, so I would keep him myself.

Trouble is he doesn't score goals,and with the lack of goals coming from midfield,we really need 2 strikers doing the business,i would snap their hand off for £500,000

£500k for Steve Howard - happy days!! He only had one good game last year and that was at Cardiff in the second leg, seems a no brainer to me.

Would also free up a fair chunk of wages as well that could be spent better on a free transfer signing or two in my opinion.

Marlon King is due to be released this summer any takers? he is being linked with Covscum and QPR

apparently he's repented and converted to Islam

Last edited:

Marlon King is due to be released this summer any takers? he is being linked with Covscum and QPR

apparently he has repented and converted to Islam

Only if he comes with Lee Hughes.

£500k for Steve Howard - happy days!! He only had one good game last year and that was at Cardiff in the second leg, seems a no brainer to me.

Would also free up a fair chunk of wages as well that could be spent better on a free transfer signing or two in my opinion.

He was brilliant in the run-in full stop bar the idiotic lunge. Cardiff who've got a comfortable money kitty this summer want him that says a lot. No sale, despite his age one of the hungriest players in the squad. That said if Yanny sorts himself out, that could be the answer to the poser.

No way, he is worth more than that for a fact.

He offers something different to all of our other attacking options, don't sell him for that Nige.

Never in a million years, Steve is superman. He is who makes Fryatt score as many as he does.

Everyone will moan about his goalscoring, but its the same with England & Heskey.

Heskey sets up Rooney who scores more when Heskey is around - same with City, Howard & Fryatt.

Never in a million years, Steve is superman. He is who makes Fryatt score as many as he does.

Everyone will moan about his goalscoring, but its the same with England & Heskey.

Heskey sets up Rooney who scores more when Heskey is around - same with City, Howard & Fryatt.

:038::038:

Selling Howard would be a huge mistake.

apparently he's repented and converted to Islam

Tell me you dont really want to swap Howard for that? is that really the club we are?:bang:

Tell me you dont really want to swap Howard for that? is that really the club we are?:bang:

We took on Jamie Lawrence and Neil Lewis, and probably others in the more distant past, after they'd paid their dues to society, what would be wrong with this one?

Not that he ever struck me as being good enough.

Great idea, sell him to one of our closest rivals for the season.

We took on Jamie Lawrence and Neil Lewis, and probably others in the more distant past, after they'd paid their dues to society, what would be wrong with this one?

Not that he ever struck me as being good enough.

Jamie Lawrence had a single criminal conviction at the age of 19, served his time and rehabilitated himself. Marlon King is 30, was convicted of his first offence at 17, has been convicted of thirteen other offences since and shows no signs of changing. Can you tell the difference?

Jamie Lawrence had a single criminal conviction at the age of 19, served his time and rehabilitated himself. Marlon King is 30, was convicted of his first offence at 17, has been convicted of thirteen other offences since and shows no signs of changing. Can you tell the difference?

Yeah Marlon's a tosser a thug a woman beater and lives up to the tag that you can drag the twat out of the gutter but you can't take the gutter out of the twat
and Jamie thought it was cool to have a Pineapple on his head!:icon_cool

Jamie is a manager himself now at non-league Ashford Town (Middlesex) and played for a while at my second team Worthing.
He managed something which, except Gerrard, England players couldn't manage the other week - score against the USA which he did during his international career for Jamaica

Last edited:
I see Blackpool are also saying 500k is too much to ask for Dobbie -http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3025487/Blackpool-wont-sign-Stephen-Dobbie.html

They seem to want everyone for free, despite the fact I think he was one of their better players last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00