The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am impressed with the names being linked, if I was going to be a sour puss (and you know that's MOST unlike me!:icon_bigg) I would wish that some defensive players were in the offing: of course, perhaps they are, NP usually keeps his deals close to the chest until completed....

the Defoe rumour is growing, and if QPR are out of the frame it could be true that we are favourites to land him, cerainly not denied by NP on Talksport yesterday. Quite rightly his policy is to keep quiet until the player has signed. IMO it may be that NP has decided to add a couple of prem experienced players to the squad, which is fine providing the terms are within the current pay structure and we dont get "lumbered" with players in the future we cant move on /out of the club

Last edited:
CLUBS FIGHT OVER KRAMARIC

Chelsea and Leicester City have both made official offers for Andrej Kramaric, but HNK Rijeka are holding out for better offers.

And now Ligue 1 side Lille have joined race for the highly-rated 23-year-old Croatian.

Leicester's offer is thought to be favoured by the club, but the players preferred destination, unsurprisingly, would be Stamford Bridge.

Ivan Mance, Rijeka deputy director of sport, told Novi lost: “Chelsea? We are looking at some options which would satisfy all parties.”

From Sky Sports.

Last edited:
Croatian striker Andrej Kramaric has been linked to a host of top European clubs after his blistering start to the season for HNK Rijeka. Inter had been one of his reported admirers but according to reports his future will become clear in the next 24 hours. Carlo Laudisa (Gazzetta dello Sport) tweeted out late last night that the player would join Leicester City of the Premier League. The fee is €9 million rising to a figure in excess of €12 million with bonuses. In England they are less certain: Many newspapers believe a meeting will take place today and that the player could still join Chelsea. One thing is for certain, Kramaric won’t be wearing Nerazzurro anytime soon.
Source: Carlo Laudisa
From sempreinter.com

Kramaric rumours changing constantly, imo he will end up signing for Chelsea then joining us on loan

Kramaric rumours changing constantly, imo he will end up signing for Chelsea then joining us on loan
This is the consensus on Inside Futbol too. Apparently on plane to Stamford bridge (via Heathrow I should imagine or the pitch will be wrecked), medical later then up to our place.

Erm, am I the only one who thinks Defoe is decidedly past it and would be a complete waste of money?

Erm, am I the only one who thinks Defoe is decidedly past it and would be a complete waste of money?

No, I think this is probably the case. He is not as fast as he used to be, and his work ethic has been questioned in Canada so I'm not excited about this rumour at all.

More from the Daily*&%

Apart from their efforts to sign Kramaric, they have made an offer to Toronto for Jermain Defoe and have made an £8million bid for Mainz striker Shinji Okazaki.

The Japan international has scored eight goals in 16 games this season but Mainz want £10million for the 28-year-old.

Leicester have also made a £7.5m offer for Danny Ings at Burnley and have had a £750,000 offer for Wigan's Shaun Maloney rejected so are determined to find players who can inject more goals into Pearson's squad.

Would take Maloney at that kind of money.

The Japanese lad because hes Japanese.

http://www.first4lcfc.co.uk/blog/leicester-city-set-to-sign-striker-in-9-5-million-move/
A Rijeka-based radio station are confident the 23-year-old has agreed a move to the Foxes, costing the Premier League strugglers £9.5m.

The Croatian hitman has been sceptical about joining Nigel Pearson's side due to their position at the foot of the table, but has seemingly been assured he will be sold should the club lose their top-flight status in the summer.

Leicester have reportedly offered Kramaric - who has bagged 28 goals in 30 outings this term - a weekly wage of £28,000.

The report claims: "Andrej Kramaric has travelled to London with his father and agent Joza Kramaric along with Rijeka's Managing Director Ivan Mance, where he will have the last round of negotiations with Leicester City.

Andrej Kramaric has travelled to London where he will have the last round of negotiations with Leicester City

"If nothing changes until tonight or early tomorrow, with a transfer fee of €12m (£9.5m) to be paid to Rijeka.

"That offer was sent 15 days ago but was refused by Kramaric as he wanted to sign for a stronger side than Leicester.

"But after a couple of meetings with Rijeka's chairman Damir Miskovic, Kramaric has changed his mind and agreed to Leicester City's offer.

"Reports state his salary will be close to €1.5m (£1.15m) per season and also say Leicester City will be prepared to sell him in the summer window should they get relegated from the Premier League."

Ya fighter, quite sexy.

The Express reporting the same - they say the fee is £7m with £2.5m add ons. £28,000 per week until 2019.

Hope it's true!

What happens if he's not a smashing lad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669