The Big Match Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've converted the programme to wide screen format by cutting off the top and bottom of the picture, which means a big chunk of the picture is missing. Players are losing the top half of their head on close ups.
I'd rather see it in the original format and have black bars at the side of the picture.

i was there with u lanxfox, bloody cold/windy up there ( highest ground in the country) whatever happened to Rob Jones?

A was there too, and as to where the last 30 years have gone, it's all a bit of an alcoholic haze really. It was friggin freezing, but I have to correct dpj - it's the third highest English league ground. West Brom is the highest followed by Port Vale.

A was there too, and as to where the last 30 years have gone, it's all a bit of an alcoholic haze really. It was friggin freezing, but I have to correct dpj - it's the third highest English league ground. West Brom is the highest followed by Port Vale.
it may not be the highest but its certainly the coldest ground I've ever been to - on one visit I was wearing a sheepskin coat and my teeth were still chattering - Robbie Jones? He went to Walsall in 86 I think

I wasn't there, but I listened to the commentary on Radio Leicester (good old Steve Lambden). Had to turn it off when we were leading 2-1 as they were threatening to score - 'Roger Palmer this' and 'Roger Palmer that'.

Did anyone see the re run that they did of the Fulham away game a few weeks ago? About 10,000 City fans - I was there. Seeing the game again after so many years, we played really well in the first half. Always remember the Gordon Davies 'goal' (that was ruled out for offside) and Kevin McDonald's cheeky headers back to Wallington.

it may not be the highest but its certainly the coldest ground I've ever been to - on one visit I was wearing a sheepskin coat and my teeth were still chattering - Robbie Jones? He went to Walsall in 86 I think
That's my second coldest game, the coldest being Carlisle away around about the same time. Then it was an eventful trip back to London as the overhead lines were down, I think we got back after that one in the early hours of the Sunday.

That's my second coldest game, the coldest being Carlisle away around about the same time. Then it was an eventful trip back to London as the overhead lines were down, I think we got back after that one in the early hours of the Sunday.

I attended a game at Stamford Bridge in the mid 80s. I went with a mate of mine who was a Chelsea fan and we watched the game from the Shed! It was bitterly cold and rain was lashing down. We lost 1-0 or 2-0.

I attended a game at Stamford Bridge in the mid 80s. I went with a mate of mine who was a Chelsea fan and we watched the game from the Shed! It was bitterly cold and rain was lashing down. We lost 1-0 or 2-0.

i was there when we drew 0-0 standing on the open end freezing and soaked to the skin. then the police kept us behind after the game for about half an hour while it was still lashing it down

that game at Oldham was not as cold as when we played there in the cup and the mighty Alan Young scored a hat trick against us. can't remember how many times it had been called off before we finally played

that game at Oldham was not as cold as when we played there in the cup and the mighty Alan Young scored a hat trick against us. can't remember how many times it had been called off before we finally played

The Lancashire Police certainly had plenty of concrete evidence of our fans behaviour after that game thats for sure

*NEE NAR NEE NAR NEE NAR* a police.gif

Last edited:
The top of Les Deux Alpes in -37 wind chill with a frozen beard where my face was meant to be. Granted it was snowboarding rather than an actual match but hey, it was feckin cold.

Bloody hell! Leicester in red - I had a hard time following that - kept looking for the blues scoring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669