The Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

Anyone else listening to radio Leicester with him getting his Freeman of the City?

He sounds so nervous but is certainly a great ambassador for the club.

I was listening to a brief interview with him during the moan in. He sounded a bit weepy tbh. Fair play to him, he's certainly no worse than some of the wankers who are honoured in this country.

i was listening he was actually lost for words most unlike him

Well done Birch, his charity work is superb and I have no problem with the guy what so ever, he cares about Leicester City as much as any of us.

I'm pleased for him, since he is passionate about the club and has worn his heart on his sleeve for so many years.

But as an ambassador? I aint so sure.

I have always liked how Leicester seem to adopt players as their own, with the players then staying in Leicester after their careers have finished. Birch has played for a few teams yet he supports Leicester like all of us do. As do Steve Walsh and Muzzy Izzett.

I have always liked how Leicester seem to adopt players as their own, with the players then staying in Leicester after their careers have finished. Birch has played for a few teams yet he supports Leicester like all of us do.

Yeah and we keep him in a job as well...funny that isn't it

Not really funny, I like that too. With that job he represents Leicester in a very positive way I think and he works very hard for charity, something that he has been officially recognised for.

Not really funny, I like that too. With that job he represents Leicester in a very positive way I think and he works very hard for charity, something that he has been officially recognised for.

Don't tell me,he doesn't like to talk about it

Don't tell me,he doesn't like to talk about it

Well I suppose if you don't like the guy there's not alot he can do to please some people. I like him though and I think he does a very good job for Leicester City Football Club and Leicestershire as a whole.

A very well paid job as well. :icon_lol:

Same with Muzzy Izzet he is a Chelsea fan not a Leicester fan, but he knows that by "supporting" Leicester he can make some cash from it.

A very well paid job as well. :icon_lol:

Same with Muzzy Izzet he is a Chelsea fan not a Leicester fan, but he knows that by "supporting" Leicester he can make some cash from it.

But both of them are promoting Leicester as a city and a football club and doing something for our local area. I really can't see how they can be faulted for that :102:

But both of them are promoting Leicester as a city and a football club and doing something for our local area. I really can't see how they can be faulted for that :102:

I'm not faulting them just suggesting their affection for the Club may,and only may,have something to do with the fact that they pay them a decent whack.
A very cynical view though and maybe they do it just because they do genuinely love the club and the City:102:

I'm not faulting them just suggesting their affection for the Club may,and only may,have something to do with the fact that they pay them a decent whack.
A very cynical view though and maybe they do it just because they do genuinely love the club and the City:102:

I would have though Birch could earn as much, if not more, from doing the after dinner speach circuit. And he doesn't get paid for the charity work he does. Muzzy must be sat on enough cash to not have to work ever again and I'm sure he doesn't get the King's Ransom for running that soccer school.

I would have though Birch could earn as much, if not more, from doing the after dinner speach circuit. And he doesn't get paid for the charity work he does. Muzzy must be sat on enough cash to not have to work ever again and I'm sure he doesn't get the King's Ransom for running that soccer school.

Have you heard his jokes ?

Have you heard his jokes ?

:icon_lol: Like it

Although he did come out with a cracker once when I went to the Brian Clough evening.

Birch (to a very pretty blonde lady in her mid twenty's): "Blimey, if you were my daughter I'd still be bathing you" :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669