The Bus parade- some advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and Mrs KP are coming to the bus parade tomorrow. Now I don't know the city centre well so if anyone can suggest the best place to stand and the best place to park and any other tips I would be most grateful. Never been to one of these before!! Thanks

Me and Mrs KP are coming to the bus parade tomorrow. Now I don't know the city centre well so if anyone can suggest the best place to stand and the best place to park and any other tips I would be most grateful. Never been to one of these before!! Thanks

Part-time Pete!!!!

Be careful where you park and be aware that even though it is a Bank Holiday, sometimes usual Monday parking restrictions can still apply!

If you want somewhere safe to park, head for the John Lewis Highcross car park - its pricey, but its near to where the parade will be.

If you want somewhere safe to park, head for the John Lewis Highcross car park - its pricey, but its near to where the parade will be.

And so will be full very early I would imagine. I'd not try to park there later than 12. St Margaret Pastures (Abbey Park) is within walking distance. St James' hotel also has parking for 4.00 all day.

I'll probably get the bus in, though that won't help you!

Try Dover Street for parking. Usually a few spots in there.

If I'd thought about it, I would have recommended the park and ride instead... no issues with parking.

If I'd thought about it, I would have recommended the park and ride instead... no issues with parking.

I tried to say this several times earlier today but my phone would not cooperate with TB. But then I have got a bus pass.

Thanks for all your advice an suggestions. Been a good day, parked in Highcross and stood in Gallowtree Gate. Great to see the boys parade the trophy, and a terrific atmosphere. The afternoon was marred though by some poor old lady collapsing right next to Mrs KP and me. Looked like a heart attack. They took her off in an ambulance (which held up the parade for a while). She was conscious - sort of - when they put her on the ambulance. Haven't heard anything since. Hope she's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566