The Championship 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically you are of course right, but what better way to revitalise a fantastic competition that has become sadly devalued over the years?

It used to be an incredibly prestigious trophy and the fans love it.

I've always dreamed of belting out Abide With Me in an FA Cup Final with City, but bigger clubs look at the bottom line and see what you get beyond the day at Wembley and the trophy presentation. A few hundred thousand and qualification for a competition where everybody sends their stiffs out to Ukraine? No ta, send out the kids.

At least if the FA Cup winners were in the Champions League we'd be able to say they'd qualified through actually winning something, not through finishing 15-20 points behind the league winners.

Don't misunderstand me, I agree with you completely.

I don't think it's as ridiculous as you think; 10 years ago you'd have laughed at the idea of a top Championship club changing it's colour let alone it's name merely on the whim of a new owner. MKDons show that it can happen and whilst that was an exception at the time I don't think it is unthinkable for the Malaysians to decide they want Cardiff to play in Liverpool, say.
Having watched him on Sport Wales last night, I don't think he's changed anything on a whim.
He says he has great respect for the following Manure have in Asia where red is the colour of joy and prosperity, and wants to take us down the same path.
He says he sees similar potential in Cardiff to grow his £100m investment.
He says he doesn't look stupid.

I'm just chasing rainbows.

Last edited:
Realistically you are of course right, but what better way to revitalise a fantastic competition that has become sadly devalued over the years?

It used to be an incredibly prestigious trophy and the fans love it.

I've always dreamed of belting out Abide With Me in an FA Cup Final with City, but bigger clubs look at the bottom line and see what you get beyond the day at Wembley and the trophy presentation. A few hundred thousand and qualification for a competition where everybody sends their stiffs out to Ukraine? No ta, send out the kids.

At least if the FA Cup winners were in the Champions League we'd be able to say they'd qualified through actually winning something, not through finishing 15-20 points behind the league winners.

Giving a CL place to the FA Cup would make it pointless in a completely different way. The "big x" will take it deadly serious but that would likely mean that nobody else would get a look in. There were lots of complaints when every cup final involved man u/Chelsea/Liverpool/arsenal. At least now that it has been 'devalued', the smaller clubs have a chance of silverware.

Why do you need the massive clubs to take the FA Cup seriously for it to be an exciting cup competition?

**** em I say, The FA Cup is at it's best in the 3rd / 4th rounds anyway, It actually becomes shit when the big fish get involved.

I can't believe fans of Leicester City and Cardiff Dragons would not be totally fecking extatic at the prospect of playing in Europe, in either competition.

Europe away with Leicester is one of my dreams, and I couldn't care less if it was the 2nd class European competion or the 1st.

I don't care about any team other than Leicester and that most certainly includes the likes of Chelsea / Utd / Man City etc.

I don't think it's as ridiculous as you think; 10 years ago you'd have laughed at the idea of a top Championship club changing it's colour let alone it's name merely on the whim of a new owner. MKDons show that it can happen and whilst that was an exception at the time I don't think it is unthinkable for the Malaysians to decide they want Cardiff to play in Liverpool, say.
They can decide it if they want, but it wouldn't be given the go-ahead. The American model will never come to these shores, thankfully.

I was under the understanding that they were all franchises not really linked to the city. As a kid I used to like Charlotte Hornets, don't they now play elsewhere? My understanding is also vaguely based on a Simpsons' episode, so may not be factually correct!

Oh, right. Yeah the Hornets left under cover of darkness and left a deep scar on the community that even the new team (The Bobcats) can't fix, and yes, teams do leave cities for pastures new sometimes. It isn't common, but it happens.

Can't see it happening in England to be honest.

Get in Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Cafe or Rich B? I thought the gloat factory would have been in full production today.

No Cafe or Rich B? I thought the gloat factory would have been in full production today.
Nothing to gloat about yet, you can tell its nearly Spring though as Cardiff go into their annual eff it up mode.

Nothing to gloat about yet, you can tell its nearly Spring though as Cardiff go into their annual eff it up mode.
Fear not, we have two home games coming up against teams with woeful away records. :icon_wink

Last edited:
Dull win 1-0 to open up a 10 point gap on the boys in blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59