The Championship - let’s enjoy it

Keep it warm in the oven so when I touch the plate later it takes the skin off my ****ing hand.
Don’t tell your dad that uncle Keith was here when you got home school.

Such happy memories.

The instant it was confirmed I had about 5 mates (yes, I know) contact me about going to the games.

They are Stoke, Preston and (unluckily) Barnsley fans.
Shame really. I like Oakwell.

We’ve just been put into a league with at least 15 teams we haven’t played for years. It is a reset and I’m excited by it as well.

To begin with, relegation to The Championship was such a depressing concept I couldn't believe it. And I mean, walking out of the KP after the West Ham game I couldn't believe it.

Now, though, I'm looking forward to seeing the rebuilding process and visiting some interesting places up north (Rotherham, Sheffield, Sunderland). I'm not a season ticket-holder, just a member, so going to away matches was near impossible in the Premier League.

In the entire period from 2015 to 2023 all I managed was Chelsea away twice, both times because a season ticket-holder had tickets and couldn't go. At least I got to see Gary Taylor-Fletcher play in midfield though.

Last edited:
Yes. Lets enjoy it.

Meanwhile I'm off to put lipstick on a pig & pretend it's Eva Green in a thong.

**** off.

I can't wait for 6 months from now when the thread " If we put together a run we can still make the play offs " goes up.

Jesus.

It took the real Pep about 7 seasons to achieve his objective. We just need to give Pep off Wish the same amount of time. Trust the process, trust the philosophy.

Yes. Lets enjoy it.

**** off.

I can't wait for 6 months from now when the thread " If we put together a run we can still make the play offs " goes up.

Jesus.
Ooh, Eva Green is hot. Fair.

Yes. Lets enjoy it.

**** off.

Jesus.
Nobody wanted to be relegated but the pricks in charge couldn't see it happening in front of there eyes so if we had stayed up last season we would of appointed Smith and then had another shite season followed by a sacking and inevitable relegation.
The best hope is being relegated has kicked Top in the bollocks and woken him up, Enzo Maresca will definitely need to hit the ground running.

First 6 games are winnable imo, always look forward to the start of a new season, BR shat all over that with the Brentford game last year.

glass is half full.

First 6 games are winnable imo, always look forward to the start of a new season, BR shat all over that with the Brentford game last year.

glass is half full.
If ever there was 2 first games that set the stall out for the rest of the season [in a shite way]
Bolton and Brentford

Nobody wanted to be relegated but the pricks in charge couldn't see it happening in front of there eyes so if we had stayed up last season we would of appointed Smith and then had another shite season followed by a sacking and inevitable relegation.
The best hope is being relegated has kicked Top in the bollocks and woken him up, Enzo Maresca will definitely need to hit the ground running.
The same pricks are still in charge though. Having exonerated themselves from any blame after a thorough 5 minute post mortem. It should be clear by now that Top is an absentee landlord leaving the decisions to Rudkin. I don't see any of that ending well.

I was in a reasonably happy mood today.

Then I got an email from fantasy league reminding me to pick my squad for the new season.

Got to the bit where you have to pick a club to be informed about & be put into the supporters league.

Had to tick the " I don't support a Premier League club " box.

Bastard.

****ing bastard.

Day ruined from that point on.

****s !

Then I got an email from fantasy league reminding me to pick my squad for the new season.

Got to the bit where you have to pick a club to be informed about & be put into the supporters league.

Bastard.

****ing bastard.

****s !
Ah you missed a trick there, mate. If you tick Man City you get an extra $10,000,000,000 to spend on players.

Bastard.

****ing bastard.

****s !
Exactly that ! what a reality check. I was so relieved there was "none of the above option" i was going to go for Luton dont know why just felt slightly less unfaithful

Can this thread be re-titled, “The Championship - let’s get the **** out of it as quickly as possible before we get stuck, and rot in it for 20+ years”

I am with the "let's make the most of it" school of thought. The mistakes that have happened over the last few years hopefully will never be repeated. The twin evils of high wage contracts given to players who never deserved it and the inability to sell those very players because nobody else would be stupid enough to match them have meant that we are now severely financially constrained.

I hope that the Vichai philosophy has been restored. On the basis that this is the beginning of a new era, I am feeling very optimistic, having said that, I am an optimist by nature.

Oh yeah. Enjoy it. No point watching at all if you can’t find some way to do that…

But also get out of it as quickly as ****ing possible please.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563