The City formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to say Howard and Fryatt. Hume has been our best player but only because we were so poor. In the right formation I dont think Hume would fit in. If we played Howard and Hume I think Howard would be far too sechluded up on his own as Hume went looking for work and crowding out the midfield even further. We would end up with long balls being played up to Howard and the ball coming straight back at us. This formation does however rely on us winning the midfield battle and being able to pass the ball 15 yards to the wings or the forwards... Maybe im just dreaming of city playing real football again????

I think we all know that whoever plays up front this will happen anyway. The only thing any of our players are good at...HOOOOOOF.

For the record I'd have Howard and Fryatt, i don't think Howard is really very good but he's better than Hayles. Also Fryatt has always seemed to me like he has actually got some talent, which is more than can be said of nearly everyone else in the squad, and seems to show it in flashes. Hopefully if we get some better players around him he'll turn into a pretty good player.

IMO Ollies first choice pairing will be howard and dj when he is fit

Well said, DJ has been proving to be the forgotten man in these discussions. With a good midfield including a winger(s), and an excellent strike partner in Howard (I like what I've seen in Howard already), then I see DJ as much the most natural, predatory forward we've got. Even though he is the laziest so and so you ever saw. I now see Hume and Fryatt as squad players (behind Hayles even), who are available if a decent offer comes in.

Last edited:
Howard and Fryatt up front...Hume on bench.But he will play Hayles and Howard

Has Leroy Potter been given a go up front yet?

Why does he always get picked last, it's not fair!!!

Well said, DJ has been proving to be the forgotten man in these discussions. With a good midfield including a winger(s), and an excellent strike partner in Howard (I like what I've seen in Howard already), then I see DJ as much the most natural, predatory forward we've got. Even though he is the laziest so and so you ever saw. I now see Hume and Fryatt as squad players (behind Hayles even), who are available if a decent offer comes in.
I agree with that.

This thread seems to have gotten lost somehow. I think Consty's post makes sense though.

Its the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre i think you'll find.

people forget traders need accsess to dixons.

It's good to see that DV's subtle humour wasn't lost on you :icon_roll

the team for me this weekend, current signings only, would be:

Alnwick

Stearman McAuley Kisnorbo Sheehan

Bori Osbourne Clemence Zsolt

Fryatt Howard

Subs: Henderson, Hume, Hayles, NGotty, Wesolowski

Kavanagh, Martin or Norris would make that a much stronger squad, as would a left back not made out of wood.
We've no way of knowing what the Hungarians are like. But they can't be that much worse than playing Hume, Weso, Cambers or Sheehan on the wing. So onwards and upwards.

the team for me this weekend, current signings only, would be:

Alnwick

Stearman McAuley Kisnorbo Sheehan

Bori Osbourne Clemence Zsolt

Fryatt Howard

Subs: Henderson, Hume, Hayles, NGotty, Wesolowski

Kavanagh, Martin or Norris would make that a much stronger squad, as would a left back not made out of wood.
We've no way of knowing what the Hungarians are like. But they can't be that much worse than playing Hume, Weso, Cambers or Sheehan on the wing. So onwards and upwards.

We haven't signed Osbourne he is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670