Not open for further replies.

Shents

the team for me this weekend, current signings only, would be:

Alnwick

Stearman McAuley Kisnorbo Sheehan

Bori Osbourne Clemence Zsolt

Fryatt Howard

Subs: Henderson, Hume, Hayles, NGotty, Wesolowski

Kavanagh, Martin or Norris would make that a much stronger squad, as would a left back not made out of wood.
We've no way of knowing what the Hungarians are like. But they can't be that much worse than playing Hume, Weso, Cambers or Sheehan on the wing. So onwards and upwards.

Did any one else think that sheehan had a truly terrible game whe he came on against charlton. i play J chambers there personaly, if any ones interested

City Fan

I think IH will play this team:

Alnwick

Stearman/McAuley/Kisnorbo/Mattock

Hume/Weso/Clemence/Zsolt

Fryatt/Howard

BENCH: Hendo, N'Gotty, Sheehan, Bori, Hayles

EnergeticFox

I think IH will play this team:

Alnwick

Stearman/McAuley/Kisnorbo/Mattock

Hume/Weso/Clemence/Zsolt

Fryatt/Howard

BENCH: Hendo, N'Gotty, Sheehan, Bori, Hayles

That is 3 players different from the side he has been slating since he arrived, i find it hard to believe this will be the line up, would be disapointed to!

City Fan

That is 3 players different from the side he has been slating since he arrived, i find it hard to believe this will be the line up, would be disapointed to!

Well apart from those 3, he has signed Hayles and Bori. I reckon he will start with Fryatt and put Hayles on the bench, and I also think he will miss Bori out of the first game due to 1) not knowing a word of English, and 2) because he will get absolutely slated by the BM's for not playing HUMMMMMEEEEEEE

Shents

Well apart from those 3, he has signed Hayles and Bori. I reckon he will start with Fryatt and put Hayles on the bench, and I also think he will miss Bori out of the first game due to 1) not knowing a word of English, and 2) because he will get absolutely slated by the BM's for not playing HUMMMMMEEEEEEE

I dont thinks its a case of "BM's" being angry i just think hume is a better player than fryatt. people say fryatt is a natural goal scorer but i dont buy that where is the evidence, cant remember him scoring an instinctive goal recently. most of his goals are well taken and with plenty of composure but they weren't exactly instinctive, if that makes sense

DesertFox

I dont thinks its a case of "BM's" being angry i just think hume is a better player than fryatt. people say fryatt is a natural goal scorer but i dont buy that where is the evidence, cant remember him scoring an instinctive goal recently. most of his goals are well taken and with plenty of composure but they weren't exactly instinctive, if that makes sense
Me neither. Here's Fryatt's stats:

Last season (all competitions): 34 games - 4 goals
This season: 25 games - 3 goals

A natural goalscorer? A goal poacher? A fox in the box?

Nah!

It's only his form in the lower leagues and his "great" start at Leicester - which in reality was only a fairly ordinary 6 goals in 19 games - that gave him that goalscoring reputation.

And other than this bucketload of goals, what else does Fryatt give us up front? He's got no pace, zero presence, he's not particularly mobile or good in the air...

OK, he's neat and tidy and all that, but remind me - what exactly does Fryatt bring to our team?

foxin_oz

Me neither. Here's Fryatt's stats:

Last season (all competitions): 34 games - 4 goals
This season: 25 games - 3 goals

A natural goalscorer? A goal poacher? A fox in the box?

Nah!

It's only his form in the lower leagues and his "great" start at Leicester - which in reality was only a fairly ordinary 6 goals in 19 games - that gave him that goalscoring reputation.

And other than this bucketload of goals, what else does Fryatt give us up front? He's got no pace, zero presence, he's not particularly mobile or good in the air...

OK, he's neat and tidy and all that, but remind me - what exactly does Fryatt bring to our team?

Hard to argue with those stats. Mind you our strikers, to be fair, haven't had a lot of assistance have they?

Disco Bob

Osbourne is not here.

Osbourne is not injured.

He has a bruise.

To state he is injured is like claiming to have a brain tumour when you only have a headache.

DesertFox

Hard to argue with those stats. Mind you our strikers, to be fair, haven't had a lot of assistance have they?
Hume's figures over (roughly) the same period:

This season: 27 games - 7 goals
Last season: 50 games - 14 goals
Season before that: 38 games - 9 goals

In total, Fryatt has 13 goals from 78 games at City (1 in 6), Hume has 30 from 115 (1 in 3.83)

(all stats from Soccerbase and all sums done in me hed, so don't use this info for legal reasons or betting your house on)

So apparently Huuuumeeeee eeee gets better service than Fryup. Or he's a better striker, one or the other...

foxin_oz

Hume's figures over (roughly) the same period:

This season: 27 games - 7 goals
Last season: 50 games - 14 goals
Season before that: 38 games - 9 goals

In total, Fryatt has 13 goals from 78 games at City (1 in 6), Hume has 30 from 115 (1 in 3.83)

(all stats from Soccerbase and all sums done in me hed, so don't use this info for legal reasons or betting your house on)

So apparently Huuuumeeeee eeee gets better service than Fryup. Or he's a better striker, one or the other...

Neither of them have impressive strike rates. Hume scores a few from penalties and free kicks too but we need to be looking elsewhere for goals I think. Hopefully Howard, Hayles and DJ can start scoring a few. John had a great strike rate but then got injured every other week.

DesertFox

Howard scored almost 50% more goals for Derby last season than Fryatt has in his whole LCFC career. Fingers crossed, he's the answer.

highland fox

Alnwick

J.Chambers
Kisnorbo
N'Gotty
Sheehan

Bori
Weso
Clemence
Zsolt

Fryatt
Howard

Subs:Flapper,Stearman,Hume,McAuley,Hayles

homer

Connolly for Chambers, apparently

And I demand that Hayles plays - he is supposedly one of the 'proper' players that we were missing and therefore should start (and I think he will)

highland fox

Connolly for Chambers, apparently

And I demand that Hayles plays - he is supposedly one of the 'proper' players that we were missing and therefore should start (and I think he will)

So do I:icon_sad:

Yorkshire Vixen

you think he will play both howard and hayles from the start??? i thought holloway said he will play 1 or the other but would start with howard if hes fit..got the impression hayles would only be used if howard was injured/banned :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669