Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waxed

I've missed the Hammond to Reading rumours until now, but apparently this might be happening.

Good news, anyway. He's not cut out for the Prem, and it'll give us a kick up the arse to get someone proper in to compete with Drinkwater/James.

FOX Franks

He does have some form on this. For example, flatly denying an interest in Chris Wood a few days before signing him. However, I take his response this time as a player we've looked at, maybe even enquired about, but have decided not to take it forward. It is far more likely that the minor interest shown by us is fueling his agent/club to try to get other interested parties to up their offers or make offers.

Another example; Pearson cheekily asking Stringer to tell him who Mahrez was as he 'hadn't heard of him'

turnstileblue63

image.jpg
Check this out - website casecreate
Sorry not relevant i know

Waxed

Atalanta duo Davide Brivio (a left-back!) and attacking midfielder Maxi Moralez (who is 5ft 3in) linked by @TimPearsonMedia

Edit: not sure how reliable he is, mind. Tweets like a bit of a bellend.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

These early games against big teams could be a blessing in disguise, a battering or two and pearson will soon be in the defensive market.

Redditch Fox

Indeed. Days when the forum wasn't dominated by miserable feckers like me.

Trust me - there were always miserable feckers around!

Anyway on a note of pre-season possitivity - Pearson is rightly following up his fantastic achievements of last season (well beyond anything I thought possible) by giving the guys who did the business a fair crack of the whip.

If you aren't one of the elite clubs who can buy and attract the signatures of the top notchers than you might as well base your strategy largely on 'being a team' and work ethic rather than pay over the odds for players no better or not much better than those you already have.

Will it work? Possibly not but prabably worth a shot.

pork pie fox

Trust me - there were always miserable feckers around!

Anyway on a note of pre-season possitivity - Pearson is rightly following up his fantastic achievements of last season (well beyond anything I thought possible) by giving the guys who did the business a fair crack of the whip.

If you aren't one of the elite clubs who can buy and attract the signatures of the top notchers than you might as well base your strategy largely on 'being a team' and work ethic rather than pay over the odds for players no better or not much better than those you already have.

Will it work? Possibly not but prabably worth a shot.

You nearly lasted a year away, Redditch :038:

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I've missed the Hammond to Reading rumours until now, but apparently this might be happening.

I would have thought he has very little chance of moving before he shakes off his ankle injury.

Redditch Fox

This seems like a well disguised blessing. Losing games is not a very effective way of avoiding relegation. .

Too true.

I suppose there is the hope that the strongest teams and the pattern of results will not have settled in the first few weeks.

But the way that the fixtures have fallen is rotten luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669