The Dave Nugent Love-in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

Just a thread dedicated to Dave Nugent's awesome form this season.

Absolute bargain of a signing, looks like he loves playing and is one of those players that garners interest from the fans!

Brilliant signing, I hope that we can keep hold of him for next season, it' be easy to see Premier League teams sniffing round.

Keep banging 'em in David!

Doubt PL clubs will be sniffing after him, thankfully. He's always looked a bit out of is depth at PL level. Great striker at this level however.

Just a thread dedicated to Dave Nugent's awesome form this season.

Absolute bargain of a signing, looks like he loves playing and is one of those players that garners interest from the fans!

Brilliant signing, I hope that we can keep hold of him for next season, it' be easy to see Premier League teams sniffing round.

Keep banging 'em in David!

Certainly - if I was a footballer, I would behave like him.

Always has a smile on his face, looks to relish any chance he gets, and loves encouraging both home and opposition fans!

I think he would be a competent premiership striker. I just think past circumstances have worked against him. Remember he is still only 26 and is perhaps still not in his prime.

You could well be right, but hopefully the Prem sides won't be looking at it like that and they'll all see him as a proven failure at PL level!

Love In - I quite like his sister - Sally, was going to say sports presenter on BBC but she has been doing the breakfast news occasionally over the last 2 weeks too

I always said he was one of our best players this season along with Kasper and Bamba, though I did think he could've scored more in the mid point in the season (but as I said at the time, I thought that was just down to him and Beckford not working as a partnership, but they seem to have finally clicked now), but yes, in recent weeks especially he has been fantastic and is bang in form atm!

Last edited:
The last time i can recall such an exciting partnership up top was Collymore and Heskey. Nugent and Beckford seem to have the same level of awareness of the other players position and runs which is vital.

Long may it continue.

I think we might be getting slightly ahead of ourselves here. Granted, they're both in great form, but they could just be going through a purple patch - they've certainly had dodgy spells this season.

I think we'll have a better idea of just how good they actually are by the end of the season.

Given that you mean the almighty God that is often referred to in Western culture, I'm surprised he's not even better.

I'm afraid it's been all downhill for God since his debut week, creating the whole universe and all that.

Honestly, what has he done since?

Well, his son came through our youth system and he was always a handful for his opponents.

He's no Kasper though is he? Shit on crosses. I mean, Jesus saves, but more often than not the opposition score from the rebound.

The last time i can recall such an exciting partnership up top was Collymore and Heskey.

I'm surprised that you think it lasted long enough to call it a partnership.

I bloody love the bloke but I don't think you can call him a "bargain" necessarily. A free he may have been, but signing on fee plus wages does not make him cheap.

That doesn't concern me too much though, he's earning his dollar at the moment. Top signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669