The Dave Nugent Love-in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time i can recall such an exciting partnership up top was Collymore and Heskey. Nugent and Beckford seem to have the same level of awareness of the other players position and runs which is vital.

Long may it continue.

Dickov and Ferdinand? That was a good strikforce in the Prem, whereas this one is only in the Championship and both players' pedigree at Prem level is questionable if they ever get us up there.

Their performances have been good and encouraging, but we shouldn't get carried away.

At least one of them has scored in 6 out of the last 10 matches, so in four matches neither has scored. Nugent has scored 5 in the last 10 and Beckford has got 6. That is a decent return for your strikers, but 11 goals in 10 games is not earth shattering and maybe just a purple patch.

Let's hope not and that they go on to get even better together over the remaining games.

Didn't Heskey & Collymore only play 1 game togther? Well at least one good one against Sunderland anyway!!

David Nugent was always a player I hoped would end up here, I was made up when we signed him and he is proving to be exactly what I hoped for our club, A reliable, skillfull goalscorer with a real sense of positioning and a cool head in one on ones (most of which he has created for himself)...:038::020:

Last edited:
Nice one Jeff, as usual!!! I knew it wasn't many and just a minor irritation as they always get regarded as an amazing strike partnership when in reality they didn't even have chance to form one!

Nothing personal about whoever mentioned it and admittedly, it was a pretty formidable partnership in that home game, just something I always wondered as it gets mentioned a few times so ta for clearing that up for me Jeff!!

Hammond and Huuume?

What about dickov and deano? The partnership that took us up via 2nd

That's the last good partnership for me. Deane and Dickov was very effective, especially with Walker's big kicks always finding their way onto Deane's head!

Ferdinand, Bent and Dickov all worked well together in our last Premiership season, although I wouldn't say were as good a 'partnership'.

Beckford and Nugent seem to be working together brilliantly at the minute and have developed real chemistry together. I just hope it continues and we can keep them together next season.

They played two games together. Collymore's debut at Watford, then the Sunderland match. Heskey was then sold to Liverpool.

IIRC Heskey played out wide against Watford and Collymore and Cottee played up front together.

Collymore and Cottee was one of the examples of two great individual players, but who were awful together as a partnership.

They played two games together. Collymore's debut at Watford, then the Sunderland match. Heskey was then sold to Liverpool.

Over 4 weeks between the two games IIRC

Belle and Sebastian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572