The definitive Rodgers out thread

Second away in a row I've seen people tearing down Rogers Out banners and fighting with the people holding them. Clearly some fans still back him/buy his BS.
What ****ing right have they got to do that?

By all means hold up a Rodgers in poster if you are that ****ing retarded but don't pretend it's unreasonable to want the **** out.

I just can’t believe he has kept this job. People say that clubs bash through managers at a stupid rate these days. We have hung onto Rodgers probably for 15 months longer than he deserves. ****ing idiots.

It's got to be the dosh hasn't it? We simply haven't the money to sack him. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise. The club are simply fingers crossed we don't go down. Sure, relegation would see a greater loss of income but that's next season - and it's now we don't have the bank balance.

We either hope he walks or gets an offer he can't refuse. I feel however that it's too late now for either of those things to happen. We can hope but my gut feel is that he's taking us down.

It's got to be the dosh hasn't it? We simply haven't the money to sack him. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise. The club are simply fingers crossed we don't go down. Sure, relegation would see a greater loss of income but that's next season - and it's now we don't have the bank balance.

We either hope he walks or gets an offer he can't refuse. I feel however that it's too late now for either of those things to happen. We can hope but my gut feel is that he's taking us down.
The club don’t need cash in the bank right now to get rid of him. “Can’t afford it” doesn’t make sense as an excuse. What we can’t afford is a manager on £10m a year in the Championship, so I hope there’s at least something about relegation in his contract.

Then I am at a loss to understand why he hasn't been sacked. It's clear we don't know what we're doing on the pitch, it's only going one way.

Next season's outgoings are exactly that; next season. The club are hoping for another long shot to come in; paralysed, hemmed in or afraid to move.

The club don’t need cash in the bank right now to get rid of him. “Can’t afford it” doesn’t make sense as an excuse. What we can’t afford is a manager on £10m a year in the Championship, so I hope there’s at least something about relegation in his contract.

Given our expertise in contractual matters, I'd actually anticipate that his contract includes a bonus for getting us relegated.

Nobody would have been thinking about any possibility of relegation when that contract was penned.

What ****ing right have they got to do that?

By all means hold up a Rodgers in poster if you are that ****ing retarded but don't pretend it's unreasonable to want the **** out.
Exactly, who the hell do they think they are? I don't even go to games any more but that boils my piss. You're allowed to express an opinion but only if we agree with it. Cretins.

atmosphere is going to be the most toxic for a long time, on Tuesday.
Nah, it won’t. It should be, but it won’t.

We gambled. Spent a **** ton. Over paid an ‘elite’ manager…

We lost. Time to take our medicine.

now he's gone. its time for the fans to get behind the players, starting on Tuesday, and the atmosphere won't be so toxic after all

The club don’t need cash in the bank right now to get rid of him.
Don't they? I've no idea tbh so will take your word on it. Me, I think sacking him would be costed out right down to the initialed puffa jacket needed for the replacement (or we could save money by bringing in someone with the same initials) Personally, I would have guessed a manager change was a costly business, and one with an immediate hit on the bank balance.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463