The end of Wasyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to who? He was getting paid tens of thousands per week for doing nowt. He's no more a legend than Conrad Logan.
Yea, should have forgone his wages.

Wibble

I thought he was a good bloke to have around. Fair play to him and hope he enjoys his retirement.

See how easy it was to just be reasonable?

Did he not get a run out as sub today?

Shame if not.

From all accounts, a very dedicated player who wasn't afraid to tell it how it is when others weren't grafting. It's clear his character will be missed around the place and his tears at the end certainly show how much he has loved being here. All the best to the big scary bastard and I hope we see him at the KP as a guest next season.

****s sake, with all of the characterless, smarmy twats that populate football, I'm glad of a character like Wasyl. He's never given any less than his all and yes, that has included the odd moment of madness and clearly he's no Rio Ferdinand.

Today he came out on to the pitch after the game in floods of tears and repeatedly stroked the centre circle like he couldn't say goodbye to the club and the game. I like players like him, football clearly means the world to him and he played football with a lot of heart and aggression, good luck to him. I'll always remember him fondly.

****s sake, with all of the characterless, smarmy twats that populate football, I'm glad of a character like Wasyl. He's never given any less than his all and yes, that has included the odd moment of madness and clearly he's no Rio Ferdinand.

Today he came out on to the pitch after the game in floods of tears and repeatedly stroked the centre circle like he couldn't say goodbye to the club and the game. I like players like him, football clearly means the world to him and he played football with a lot of heart and aggression, good luck to him. I'll always remember him fondly.
Yep. All of that. The loudest chants of the day were those sung to him :038:

A legend? You've got to be joking. People are talking like he pops round and gives their nan a home cooked meal every Sunday out of the goodness of his heart. He's an ordinary footballer, he did alright for us in the championship, nothing more than that. Absolutely nowhere near a legend of any sort and if his utter stupidity at Arsenal had cost us the title he'd be the most hated man in Leicester. Talk about fickle.

Except that what happened was Arsenal won by the skin of their teeth and that galvanised our Band of Brothers to push on to the title.

Except that what happened was Arsenal won by the skin of their teeth and that galvanised our Band of Brothers to push on to the title.

So thanks to him we won the league by 10 points.

So thanks to him we won the league by 10 points.

This strikes me as an open ended provacative statement that when someone answers it you will argue the other way, no matter what is said. There is a poster on another board I frequent that does exactly the same thing, unfortunately, he is regarded as rather a sad joke there.

This strikes me as an open ended provacative statement that when someone answers it you will argue the other way, no matter what is said. There is a poster on another board I frequent that does exactly the same thing, unfortunately, he is regarded as rather a sad joke there.

If you'd read the thread you would see that Moose has been saying that "his utter stupidity at Arsenal nearly cost us the title" Mike said that it galvanised the "band of brothers" I completed his sentence.

The opposite has been the basis of the last page or so of this thread.

Jumping to conclusions and namecalling doesn't suit you Robin127.

If you'd read the thread you would see that Moose has been saying that "his utter stupidity at Arsenal nearly cost us the title" Mike said that it galvanised the "band of brothers" I completed his sentence.

My sentence was complete thank you.

Yep. All of that. The loudest chants of the day were those sung to him :038:

Shakespeare will say he was being professional by not bringing him on for the last minute or so and seeing the game out. But to me, and thousands of others, Shaky should have given Wasyl that 60 seconds or so.

Absolutely! I very much doubt that bringing him on for the last 10 minutes would have resulted in goals for Bournemouth, but the response from the crowd could have made a difference in our response at the other end.

Afraid that Shakey made an error of judgement there, IMHO.

Shakespeare will say he was being professional by not bringing him on for the last minute or so and seeing the game out. But to me, and thousands of others, Shaky should have given Wasyl that 60 seconds or so.
Yep, agree with that, too.

A legend? You've got to be joking. People are talking like he pops round and gives their nan a home cooked meal every Sunday out of the goodness of his heart. He's an ordinary footballer, he did alright for us in the championship, nothing more than that. Absolutely nowhere near a legend of any sort and if his utter stupidity at Arsenal had cost us the title he'd be the most hated man in Leicester. Talk about fickle.

In the past I have written posts that were intended to provoke; but always they expressed my actual views. It is difficult to know which is worse - if you are merely trying to provoke or if you really intended being churlish on the day a player leaves the club.

Reactions: FIF
Gutted the big man didn't get on.

He was ****ing desperate to get out there and spent the entire 2nd half on the side of the pitch.

In a day of diving, cheating, soft as **** footballers, I ****ing loved Wasyl, and we might not see his like again in this non contact era of the game.

Reactions: FIF

I rest my case.

he came out on to the pitch after the game in floods of tears and repeatedly stroked the centre circle

Still trying to find that contact lens then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566