The England Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was absouletly shocking!!!

Formation let us down. Why play Neville who is to old and slow as a right winger?

Robinson 6- Made a few decent saves unfortunate for the o.g.

Carragher 5- Played ok didnt do alot wrong
Terry 4- No real leadership at the back or even in the team
Rio 4- Dopey at times
A.Cole 4- Biggest disappointment i would've thought he would've been the happiest player knowing he'd be on the wing.
G. Neville 4- O.G. Slow, never really got forward

Lampard 4- Didnt create anything, would've thought he would have prefered playing knowing he had a defensive midfielder in the team
Carrick 3- Worst player on the pitch, did he even play? I only noticed he was 5 mins before half time and a few passes towards the end, was definetly worst england player
Parker 5- didn't really shine nor make an impact but was one of the better players

Crouch 4- Useless lanky streak off p*ss, was shocking today movement was v.poor
Rooney 5- Looked better and sharper today, but still played average.

Bring Becks back!!!

Awful, very player 2 apart from Robinson who scored a 4.

McLaren out, it was like watching Turnip's England again.
We wont qualify, no Austrian-Swiss adventure this time, Russia will beat us at away, so will Israel and Croats will beat us at home.

Poles 2-0 up against Portugal, feck me every they are beating a side we look v.poor against.

WHY did he change the formation and then just stick any player in the position.Surely to god you pick your formation with the players you've got...he is way out of his depth..sack the smarmy twat.

That was to accomdate player power who wanted certain players kept in the side and some dropped. Didnt even look disappoint after the game.

G.Neville Right Wing Back Why?
Carrick Ballplayer in the middle How?
Lampard Football Player Joke

that was absouletly shocking!!!

Formation let us down. Why play Neville who is to old and slow as a right winger?

Robinson 6- Made a few decent saves unfortunate for the o.g.

Carragher 5- Played ok didnt do alot wrong
Terry 4- No real leadership at the back or even in the team
Rio 4- Dopey at times
A.Cole 4- Biggest disappointment i would've thought he would've been the happiest player knowing he'd be on the wing.
G. Neville 4- O.G. Slow, never really got forward

Lampard 0-Ponces round the pitch either passing it backwards or to anopposition player,can he actually Run? not fit to lace Gerrards boots
Carrick 3- Worst player on the pitch, did he even play? I only noticed he was 5 mins before half time and a few passes towards the end, was definetly worst england player
Parker 5- didn't really shine nor make an impact but was one of the better players

Crouch 4- Useless lanky streak off p*ss, was shocking today movement was v.poor
Rooney 5- Looked better and sharper today, but still played average.

Bring Becks back!!!

Spot on with the Fat Frank verdict there Jessel

Last edited:
WHY did he change the formation and then just stick any player in the position.Surely to god you pick your formation with the players you've got...he is way out of his depth..sack the smarmy twat.

he is so far up his own arse, he is blinkered to everything. He only got rid of Beckham because he thought thats what the papers wanted...

he is so far up his own arse, he is blinkered to everything. He only got rid of Beckham because he thought thats what the papers wanted...

Lets face it BG,he only got the job after everybody else turned it down....clueless totally clueless

Like taking sweets off babies, bloody awful,what a match to change formations, nobody had a clue, no wonder we were clueless under Sven with his input.

ROONEY HESKEY

J COLE GERRARD HARGREAVES LENNON

A COLE TERRY RIO CARRAGHER

ROBINSON

We havent got a decent strike force apart from Rooney and Owen, Crouch is OK.

Last edited:
this is one of those performances where you say..

"Oh well.. atleast I'm a Leicester fan" that comes around once every blue moon.

its crystal clear to me that we have to play with a Right Winger be it either SWP or Lennon.Gerrard in his rightful place in the centre of midfield and Lampard dropped,it seems Gerrard is moved about/played out of position to accomodate Lampard...crazy tactics

Im not gonna say mcclaren out yet, but I do feel he is very weak and hasnt got the bollox to make the decisions that need to be made in the top job. Becks was an easy decision IMO when i look back at it.

Having bollox would be to bring him back and admit that we need someone who can cross the ball.

Having bollox would be dropping fat frank and giving gerrard the central midfield role.

Having bollox would be dropping rooney and defoe until they find their form for their clubs at least and play darren bent and aj when fit, IMO you shoudl play form players at international level.

Having bollox would be not changing your formation just coz you dont want to drop any of the special boys.

Having bollox would be standing up and admiting that we havent been beaten by two clear goals in a competitve match for 13 years and you royaly fecked up tonight, but I still expect the usual "we were unlucky." "they got a stroke of luck." "the pitch was poor and that led to the seocnd goals"etc

Having bollox would be rounding up every half decent brazillian kid and giving them citizenships just like every other feckin country, these lads are desperate to play the game and do it for the love of the game not the money, just dont let any of them train by running through a tube station.

And to think we were being talked about as possible world cup winners 6 months ago. Very poor from a bunch of very over-rated footballers.

Im not gonna say mcclaren out yet, but I do feel he is very weak and hasnt got the bollox to make the decisions that need to be made in the top job. Becks was an easy decision IMO when i look back at it.

Having bollox would be to bring him back and admit that we need someone who can cross the ball.

Having bollox would be dropping fat frank and giving gerrard the central midfield role.

Having bollox would be dropping rooney and defoe until they find their form for their clubs at least and play darren bent and aj when fit, IMO you shoudl play form players at international level.

Having bollox would be not changing your formation just coz you dont want to drop any of the special boys.

Having bollox would be standing up and admiting that we havent been beaten by two clear goals in a competitve match for 13 years and you royaly fecked up tonight, but I still expect the usual "we were unlucky." "they got a stroke of luck." "the pitch was poor and that led to the seocnd goals"etc

Having bollox would be rounding up every half decent brazillian kid and giving them citizenships just like every other feckin country, these lads are desperate to play the game and do it for the love of the game not the money, just dont let any of them train by running through a tube station.

The irony of the second goal, as pointed out by the commentators, was that Robinson had contributed no doubt to the bump that bounced it over his foot! It would be no use getting Beckham back for his crosses either, he only put a one or two in over the entire world cup.

England fans suffer from the Leicester fans syndrome, we were good once, we should still be amongst the big boys. Time to face facts, despite some big names we are a weak, passionless side. Just like city

The irony of the second goal, as pointed out by the commentators, was that Robinson had contributed no doubt to the bump that bounced it over his foot! It would be no use getting Beckham back for his crosses either, he only put a one or two in over the entire world cup.

England fans suffer from the Leicester fans syndrome, we were good once, we should still be amongst the big boys. Time to face facts, despite some big names we are a weak, passionless side. Just like city

fair enough to a certian extent but we are also severly lacking at set pieces as well.

I agree with you on that, though I think we need to look forwards. Our main problem seems to be that our big 5 (gerrard, rooney, lampard, cole and terry) all look weak and are underperforming. Terry and Cole both went to head the ball for their first goal, and both were beaten to it. These are supposed to be two of the best defenders in the world.

Croatia like Macedonia played better as a team than England did.
England look disjointed with no real pattern of play. I honestly believed the likes of Lampard were just having a duff patch, but now some serious question marks lie over his, the manager and a number of the other players.

I agree with you on that, though I think we need to look forwards. Our main problem seems to be that our big 5 (gerrard, rooney, lampard, cole and terry) all look weak and are underperforming. Terry and Cole both went to head the ball for their first goal, and both were beaten to it. These are supposed to be two of the best defenders in the world.

I agree with you on Cole and Terry, but imo Robinson should take the blame as well for the first goal. No way could i see a goalkeeper like Shilton ever getting beat like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669