The fans yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
lako42 said:
AFter the last 3 games at the walkers i was really looking forward to yesterdays game. i thought there would be a cracking atmosphere and also a degree of stick for peter taylor.

however the first half support was nothing short of disgraceful. any ideas why this was. i hate it when we only sing when when we are winning. i hope it will be alot better at luton on sat as im really looking forward to this one.

It's always better away!

I agree the kop did seem strangely quiet yesterday. As for PT, the only chants i heard were 'Peter Taylor what a w***** what a w*****' and 'Taylor for forest'.

Xantha said:
You obviously weren't listening properly!

Pardon? Can you speak up, please. I can't hear you properly!

Last edited:
The support was very quiet on Sat. The kop was hardly heard at the family stand end. L1 could be heard but there wasn't the usual joining in from the BMI stand like usual. Can't really see a reason for this as the crowd around us were trying to be as vocal as normally. Still the result was right and that's what matters the most. The more we win at home the better the vocal support will get, I'm sure.

I think it was down to the fact that we really wanted to win this one and it made people edgy, coupled with the fact that the first 30 minutes or so was pretty dire.
Anyway, great result and Donny services was brilliant as not one Hullie Gullie said one word to us. Bet it would have been different if they had won.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
The booing although very minor was nothing short of a disgrace.

The booing was as the Hull players left the pitch, at least it was were I sat, E2

Also I think the fact that it has been 5 years since Taylor left meant that alot of fans don't really care anymore, they are more concernced about the league

cleefox said:
I think you are right. Hull fans seemed to make more of the Taylor issue.

We gave more stick to Mcghee than we did to Taylor and that was even longer ago

" excellent all round views and an atmosphere. "

From a hull website, posted in another thread. Obviously somebody heard us...

I didnt boo, but I was reet pissed of at half time. I though we were in for a tanking 2nd half. Hull looked OK to me they pass it well and made a good number of chances as an away team. We looked fragile and nervous, too many long balls, although on far too many occasions the midfield offered no alternatives. One bit of class saw us score.

2nd half we seemed to dig a bit deeper although we were not that creative, corking goals made the difference and we seem grown up enough to close out a game now. Top result and to be honest that's what counts.

I think its hard to sustain an atmosphere at the walkers, don'y know why just is.

Chuck T Masala said:
I think its hard to sustain an atmosphere at the walkers, don'y know why just is.

I'm sure it's at least partly down to the gap between the pitch and the stands being about 3 times bigger than it actually needs to be. I'm not a great sentimentalist about the 'good old days' at Filbo, but one of the joys was sitting in the East Stand and giving the opposition players / linesman some stick knowing they were still in ear shot. Now it's like pissing in the wind as they say.

Last edited:
can't blame anyone for not singing in the first half, i did my bit but at half time i wasnt bothered how long the shocking sevice on the concourse would take

Ox Fox said:
I'm sure it's at least partly down to the gap between the pitch and the stands being about 3 times bigger than it actually needs to be.

Could be right, I was at the Ricoh recently and their pitch is only about 6-8 feet from the stands, it feels much more closed in. Lot of shit on the pitch though.

Chuck T Masala said:
Could be right, I was at the Ricoh recently and their pitch is only about 6-8 feet from the stands, it feels much more closed in. Lot of shit on the pitch though.

Hope you had a good wash with bleach afterwards.

i had a bet with a mate that the Ricoh arena was wrong and I won.

First half atmosphere was poor in the kop, had it not been for the hilarious comments from the lads at the back of F1 I think I would have fallen asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00