The fans yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

AFter the last 3 games at the walkers i was really looking forward to yesterdays game. i thought there would be a cracking atmosphere and also a degree of stick for peter taylor.

however the first half support was nothing short of disgraceful. any ideas why this was. i hate it when we only sing when when we are winning. i hope it will be alot better at luton on sat as im really looking forward to this one.

you're right, i went for the kop again cos the atmosphere in there lately has been brilliant. but one bloke sitting near me was right when he said it was like a morgue!

Best quote of the day from the kop though - "Both sides have got a player called elliott. Ours is wearing number 4 and his first name's Billy!"

i was sitting in L1 and you couldnt here the kop once. imagine what the away fans think of the atmosphere of the ground

Probaly apathy from fans who are bored because they think we are safe.
Its certainly not over yet though. Millwall away is a huge game.

We have got a pretty tricky run in to be fair.

We still have to go to Millwall and three of the final four at home are Preston, Palace and Reading. Three very very tricky games.

i bet every set of fans around the country are talking about how shit their atmosphere at home is, as everybody's is really. the run in is tricky but facing millwall could be an excellent fixture for us, or disasterous

lets start by picking 3 points up against luton. whos going down there

mackie said:
i was sitting in L1 and you couldnt here the kop once. imagine what the away fans think of the atmosphere of the ground

That's really terrible! - it's going to keep me awake all night worrying what Hull City fans are thinking!

My guess is that they are more concerned about losing another game - seeing two of the best goals of the season -and playing even worse than us.

lako42 said:
Let's start by picking 3 points up against Luton. Who's going down there?
If we have any tickets left tomorrow....:038:

Luton are going through a right dodgy time, no doubt it will all come right for them against us, it always seems to......

Last edited:
Surely this is back to the whole the crowd motivates the players vs the players motivate the crowd arguement? The first 30 minutes of the game were dire, some of the worst I've seen this season, even after Hume scored it didn't get much better. It improved in the second half but probably only because of the Joey goal lifting everyone. That's probably why the final scoreline feels so strange to me because we really were poor in the first half.

I was surprised Taylor didn't get more stick, but the 3 points is a sweeter revenge than 90 minutes of booing.

rogers got way more stick the PT. he must be pissing himself

I think the speculation throughout the week didnt help the atmosphere, I also think it helped neutralise a lot of the anger that was brewing over the return of Taylor, the first half atmosphere was poor and flat but too be fair so was the football on offer, however I did feel the atmosphere improved in the second half as did the game.

The reception I thought we were going to give Peter Twatlor did just not happen. He really got away lightly.
As for someone saying they sat in L1 and could not here the kop, we sat in J block and could not hear L1......:icon_bigg

At times it seemed like I was the only one yelling in the lower part of E2.. all i could hear was me.. never felt the place that flat before

Xantha said:
At times it seemed like I was the only one yelling in the lower part of E2.. all i could hear was me.. never felt the place that flat before

I could hear you clearly...........said to my mate bet thats gobby Xantha....:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00