the futures shite the futures ginger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that Megson may not have been the most inspiring appointment, but unfortunately he was probably the best (only) person we could get. We are, after all, a fairly shite 2nd division side with a trigger-happy chairman and a bucket-load of fed up fans - not a very appealing prospect for any manager unless they've been out of work for 18 months.

i would agree with most of what you say, however Megson was out of work when RK was sacked yet MM turned to Worthington. Megson must have been well down the pecking order

Trouble is, when RK was sacked the manager's job was probably a lot more appealing. It was our first 'new dawn' then and MM was only looking for his second manager, not his fourth. If, as quite a few people seem to want, Megson gets booted out after a few games, then we'll have to scrape the barrel even more, as the job will have become even less appealing to anybody sensible, whether they are in work or not. By then we'll be down to a choice between Glenn Roeder and Peter Reid, which doesn't bear thinking about.

Trouble is, when RK was sacked the manager's job was probably a lot more appealing. It was our first 'new dawn' then and MM was only looking for his second manager, not his fourth. If, as quite a few people seem to want, Megson gets booted out after a few games, then we'll have to scrape the barrel even more, as the job will have become even less appealing to anybody sensible, whether they are in work or not. By then we'll be down to a choice between Glenn Roeder and Peter Reid, which doesn't bear thinking about.

In fairness, I wouldn't say it's quite a few that want that Virkie, more like a handful of not rights that can't accept that what's happened has happened.

Whatever way you feel about Smegson being appointed wanting him booted out after a few games would be madness & detrimental to the club, IMO.

In fairness, I wouldn't say it's quite a few that want that Virkie, more like a handful of not rights that can't accept that what's happened has happened.

Whatever way you feel about Smegson being appointed wanting him booted out after a few games would be madness & detrimental to the club, IMO.
:thumbs_up agreed
iam now off to see, hopefully, the start of a revival for the foxes

Spot on!

I didn't want Megson but I had no choice. I don't rate Megson and don't believe he is here for the long term.

BUT:

I will give him and the team my full support. If results do not go his way I'm not going to start a tirade of abuse towards him. I'll just make the point that I think it's time for him to go.

I hope he proves me wrong and I hope we are successful.

COME ON CITY.

If we beat the trees tonight I will be delighted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669