Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2017/18 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine someone will come in for Mahrez.

Still seems to be a bit of interest in Slimani, his performance against Huddersfield no doubt caught a few people's attention.

Musa? Hasn't had a look in. We will be a much weaker team should Mahrez leave. Is it worth hanging on to him or ship him out and hope we can persuade a a heavily linked French replacement to come in?

Still seems to be a bit of interest in Slimani, his performance against Huddersfield no doubt caught a few people's attention.

Musa? Hasn't had a look in. We will be a much weaker team should Mahrez leave. Is it worth hanging on to him or ship him out and hope we can persuade a a heavily linked French replacement to come in?

It's probably because of the Transfer window just starting, but as I was watching the first half vs Huddersfield I could help think that this is how we would play most weeks without Mahrez (I think Huddersfield did a good job of keeping him off the ball and closed down so much he was completely nullified in the first half).

We would seriously struggle without him. I don't think he's replaceable.

Mr Ben Arfa could be a good shout if Mahrez leaves. And actually if he doesn’t leave as well. If Mr Puel believes he can get the best from him then I’m all in.
I just hope we have grown up enough as a supporter base to understand that there are players out there who don’t just run around and show pashun. I suspect Ben Arfa would be one of those.

Ben Arfa has said that a) he wants to go to a Champion's League team and b) he is happy to sit out the rest of the season where he is. I don't think we'll be seeing him in a City shirt anytime soon (if ever).

Ben Arfa has said that a) he wants to go to a Champion's League team and b) he is happy to sit out the rest of the season where he is. (if ever).

I certainly believed this to be true a month or so ago, probably paper talk but the mumourings continue.

Although without question a gifted individual, I personally think he would not be a great person to have in the squad. Based on absolutely no evidence, he just appears to be stuck up his own arse.

My question; is Musa really that crap? It looked like we had a gem at the start.

There is a small bit of me that thinks Mahrez will stay unless he gets the right offer. Personally the only club I can see him going to in the premier league is Manchester united.

After that Slimani performance I can't see why people wouldn't come in for him knowing what he can achieve and that he might go for a cheap price.

MUSA - well he will have dropped in price, but I think he will end up performing considerably well away from leicester, maybe like knockaert

Not much need imo, just an extra natural right back wouldn't go a miss for the 72nd transfer window in a row.

Would be more interested to see a few shipped out as we have too many strikers for a start and we must surely be looking to move Musa on at least and probably another.

As long as we keep Mahrez, we don't need to add much but it is a big if.
Oh for the days when we had 20 right backs on the books (that's what it seemed like, anyway)

We need a right back and a centre back OR to decide that one of our u23's (as well as Huth) who are doing so well can come into the squad / team; Josh Knight, Darnell Johnson or Sam Hughes.
Puel has form for selecting youth and so i'd expect to see someone promoted from the U23's at some point. They are the same age as Ndidi was when he came into the Champions League team...
If Maguire, Dragovic, Huth and Amartey are fit we are not completely screwed in Morgan's absence - but we do need 1 really good addition.

I don't think we'll lose Mahrez in Jan unless the market goes bonkers driven by Coutinho, Sanchez or both moving. If that happens then all bets are off as Mahrez will be wanted by everyone.

We should keep Slimani and Iheanacho but not ignore that Ndukwu and Gordon (not convential centre forwards) are scoring tonnes in the U23's

We should sell Ulloa, Musa and Benalouane. Don't see the point in them being at the club either for their careers or for the betterment of Slimani / Iheanacho and the younger strikers.

Happy to see Harvey Barnes recalled as he needs to be given a clear squad role to practice in the U23's. He's one for the not too distant future to back up Albrighton hopefully.

Oh for the days when we had 20 right backs on the books (that's what it seemed like, anyway)

I'd rather have our current 4th or 5th choice striker playing right back than any of the 20 we had at that time I think! Quantity over quality there...

If you watch the interview, Puel was careful with his phrasing. In fact, he pointedly avoided saying that Mahrez will stay, instead preferring to state that Mahrez is "happy to play in this team". I've no reason to doubt that but it doesn't preclude him going either.

I'd rather have our current 4th or 5th choice striker playing right back than any of the 20 we had at that time I think! Quantity over quality there...
You can't see that my tongue is in my cheek ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566