Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanner also said on twitter Matty James is back in full training, James has been doing some coaching, presumably with the academy during his recovery, and Rob thinks he'll go on loan in January

Well, if he wants to get in the England team........ oh, hang on a minute ;)
View attachment 15061
Ricardo’s off to spurs lads.
Yep. Obviously a fabulous career move to drop out of the top 4 into mid table & go work for a has-been who'll be out on his arse within 18 months. Who wants to play in the CL anyway when you can scrap for a Europa place? Nailed on.

David Ornstein has a piece on us in the Athletic.

It says a central defender remains a priority in January and Salif Sane from Schalke is the most likely, although he's currently injured I think.

Also that if we'd got a replacement for Maguire in before the deadline that Benkovic was going to Stoke on loan.

Last edited:
Oh FFS. I just went on what came up in my Newsnow page. I'm going back to sleep now zzzzzzzzzz

David Ornstein has a piece on us in the Athletic.

It says a central defender remains a priority in January and Salif Sane from Schalke is the most likely, although he's currently injured I think.

Also that if we'd got a replacement for Maguire in before the deadline that Benkovic was going to Stoke on loan.
I thought the bit about Tarkowski’s release clause was interesting:

“They made inquiries for for Schalke’s Salif Sane, who they are still watching, and Burnley’s James Tarkowski. The Burnley centre back was also monitored by Wolves, who were scared off by talk of a £40 million clause inserted into his most recently signed contract at the club.
Indeed, bidding clubs were aghast that the player’s agent had allowed the clause to be placed into Tarkowski’s contract. It is understood that the clause relates only to teams in the north-west, with Leicester having a bid of £20 million for the player turned down in the week of August 6.”

Quote - The Athletic

Leicester City are planning a £20m move for Celtic's 21-year-old Norwegian defender Kristoffer Ajer in January. (90min)

Leicester City are planning a £20m move for Celtic's 21-year-old Norwegian defender Kristoffer Ajer in January. (90min)

£20m is a bit strong for a 21 yo centre back in scotland....

I do wonder about Benkovic. Obviously we signed him because we thought he'd make it into our first team. I know he's had an injury but all I hear is him going out on loan and he can't get on to our bench. Strange seeing as Rodgers loved him at Celtic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363