Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance on Drinky

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Just be happy that we totally fleeced Chelsea.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Neither, thank feck, will Rodgers - he may have much to prove but I’m pretty sure he’s not totally insane

Jebus, the midsummer madness has started early...

Neither, thank feck, will Rodgers - he may have much to prove but I’m pretty sure he’s not totally insane

Jebus, the midsummer madness has started early...
if we are playing like we were with Maddison and Tilelemans either side of Wilf then Drinkwater wouldn't fit as he doesn't have the legs to be box to box and couldn't do the defensive role either

Read what you like into this.
BBC Leicester Sport‏ Verified account @BBCRLSport 10 minutes ago

Harry Maguire, talking to the BBC at England's Nations League training camp. "Leicester's an exciting club to be at - Brendan has really improved the team in the recent months, and he's someone we're looking forward to. I'm sure he will take the club forward.
D7vlGkuXsAYiuev.jpg

"He's definitely got his own aspects in the game, and I'm sure he will improve us. After a good pre-season, I'm sure he's the man that can help us break into those European spaces."

I think Maguire is genuinely happy here so will not agitate for a move, he knows he'll play for England while with us so that's not a concern either but I also think should an offer from Man City be accepted he'd be off because they'll make him an offer he won't be able to turn down and they will need to sign a couple of CB's this summer.

But what he said is obviously very good to read

I watched the season review 15/16 last night. First time in a couple of years. What struck me more than anything was the engine of that team was always Drinkwater. He was absolutely immense for us that year. Always there, always pushing his team mates, always wanting the ball, always in the thick of the action. I genuinely don't think we appreciated his role enough.

Would it be a bad move to get him back? You'd imagine that he's available and Chelsea will just want rid. With us losing Simpson and Okazaki, and surely with King and James disappearing this summer on loan or transfer, would it be that daft to bring such a key character of the club back?

I know his head has gone recently and his off the field antics are deeply worrying. But we've got a manager that can manage difficult characters now. It would be a gamble worth taking I reckon.
I've been saying we should take him back if it's possible, since January. If it's a choice between him, Mendy, James or Silva as a substitute CM I'd take a punt on DD every time. Rodgers could certainly get the best out of him and even if he didn't, I doubt he would be offered a ludicrous Matty James style contract so it's a risk worth taking in my opinion.

I've been saying we should take him back if it's possible, since January. If it's a choice between him or Silva as a substitute CM I'd take a punt on DD every time. Rodgers could certainly get the best out of him and even if he didn't, I doubt he would be offered a ludicrous Matty James style contract so it's a risk worth taking in my opinion.
I think if Matty James can be inexplicably awarded a ludicrous Matty James style contract, surely anyone can? Even in the season just finished, Drinkleface contributed about as much to LCFC as Matty James.

I think if Matty James can be inexplicably awarded a ludicrous Matty James style contract, surely anyone can? Even in the season just finished, Drinkleface contributed about as much to LCFC as Matty James.
DD contributed more. At least his career at Chelsea provided a little comedy value to fans, James just cost us a fortune in Nurofen, bandaging and the constant resurfacing of the physio table he made his own. I'm sure at one point he urinated around it to mark his territory.

The contract Drinkwater is on out ludicrous Matty James's even Matty James's own ludicrous Matty James style contract.

He won't come back for less, move on.

I've been saying we should take him back if it's possible, since January. If it's a choice between him, Mendy, James or Silva as a substitute CM I'd take a punt on DD every time. Rodgers could certainly get the best out of him and even if he didn't, I doubt he would be offered a ludicrous Matty James style contract so it's a risk worth taking in my opinion.

I'd like to think there are other options to all of these.

My concern over drinky may sound harsh and I'm totally making judgements based on very little....most people I know who have driven on the piss haven't done so because they're dicks/arrogant, they have done it because of other shit making them that way. Quite often mental troubles and it wouldn't surprise me too much if it's that jazz that's keeping him out at Chelsea rather than form etc.

My concern over drinky may sound harsh and I'm totally making judgements based on very little....most people I know who have driven on the piss haven't done so because they're dicks/arrogant, they have done it because of other shit making them that way. Quite often mental troubles and it wouldn't surprise me too much if it's that jazz that's keeping him out at Chelsea rather than form etc.
Yep, definitely possible. Also possible he’s just a knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363