Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, any striker that comes in would only be a back up to Vardy anyway. If Brendan genuinely thinks he can work on Nacho, and he’s obviously backing his coaching ability to be good enough to do that, then that means more funds can be diverted to more important areas, such as a genuine goal threat as a wide player.

I think that’s an encouraging strategy.

No offence, but Superscout knows more than Rob Tanner, FFS

Nobody at the Club speaks to him, ever, and the man’s a complete bell end

Tanner's belief that we are after a "second number eight (one being Tielemans)" intrigued me given that Iheanacho is our current 8, and given that our squad's 8 lineage has been Matty James, Neil Danns and Matt Oakley (didn't dare look any further back). What is a number eight other than four number twos very close together?

Che Adams - a striker we had been linked with for a while - is off to Southampton.

Can only assume they're using their coastal position on the hottest day of the year to lure in signings.

the striker comments aren't great news but I have trust in Rodgers

I'm a bit surprised if we don't sign a striker given that we now only have Vardy and Nacho, but can understand prioritising other positions considering Vardy is clearly first choice regardless of a new signing, so it's hard for whoever would come in.

Other positions will make a bigger difference. I'd be more surprised if we sign Tielemans and another central attacking midfielder though. We have Maddison, hopefully Youri and Barnes can play there too. If a winger is already on the list, another striker would make more sense than another attacking mid.

as things stand we don't only have Vardy and Nacho, Slimani's loan is finished and he will as things stand be here for the final year in his contract, its probably a case of getting Slimani sold before we can sign a striker

as things stand we don't only have Vardy and Nacho, Slimani's loan is finished and he will as things stand be here for the final year in his contract, its probably a case of getting Slimani sold before we can sign a striker

Ah yeah. To be fair if we keep Slimani - and I think Rodgers has said he wants to give him a go - then I think that's enough options up there.

I had forgotten Slimani even existed.

Sorry to say but Slimani still has two years left on his contract. And he has burnt his bridges with enough of his team-mates to be highly unlikely to be given another chance here. His form, fitness and attitude on his loans have been terrible so few sides would consider him. As his wages are so prohibitive, two more years out on loan are most likely. We just need to find clubs stupid enough to think that he's still interested in being a professional footballer. Although we would really hate to do business with Lisbon again, given how they stitched us up before, it could be the only option to get rid.

He's not Rodgers kind of forward at all and wouldn't last five minutes. His actual comments about him were not exactly positive: “I have my own idea. It has obviously been a difficult one for him and, listen, sometimes it just doesn’t work out at a club. That is the way it is".

No offence, but Superscout knows more than Rob Tanner, FFS

Nobody at the Club speaks to him, ever, and the man’s a complete bell end

That's not true. Tanner is tarnished by the requirements of the LM. He has to post a certain number of articles there for clicks - the sad state of local papers these days - so often has to be speculative and make a story that has little substance behind it. That's why his reputation isn't solid.

However, he is the only local journalist with a genuine source inside the club for confirmation or denials on transfers. It's clear from how he 100% shuts down speculation for players at times. He simply isn't going to do that unless he knows.

He'd agree that he has little idea of our targets, but he knows whether they're genuine or not because he asks the question and the club tell him. For example, he strongly confirmed the Justin deal several days before anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669