Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier for us to demand top dollar when there is more than one team in for him. If Man Utd do drop their reported interest in him, we shall be at the mercy of Man City's low bids.

The problem is not us setting a valuation that nobody will pay.

The problem comes when Maguire's agent goes to the club, 'Okay, you've priced my client out of a move that would have earned him £250k a week when he's on £100k a week now. Show me the money . . '

I assume that we cannot afford to pay any player anywhere near the figure that he could earn elsewhere. And it would create chaos with other players at the club. That's something that cannot be reconciled. So, we are effectively forcing our players to 'kick off' (Drinkwater, Mahrez) to get the money that is available to them.

It inevitably also requires us to play a game of brinkmanship with player and buyer that scuppers our own plans.

In short, our policy sounds strong and tough but actually it is impractical and probably counter-productive. Keeping a player that wants away doesn't really work. I still fully expect Man City to get their man.

Man City really need to be looked into the way they tap up players in this way. Unsettling other teams players so that they can try and snap them up on the cheap. £65m for England's best defender.. fk off mate. They moan about our asking price for Maguire, then they've got the cheek to demand crazy money for Leroy Sane putting Bayern Munich off...

Man City really need to be looked into the way they tap up players in this way. Unsettling other teams players so that they can try and snap them up on the cheap. £65m for England's best defender.. fk off mate. They moan about our asking price for Maguire, then they've got the cheek to demand crazy money for Leroy Sane putting Bayern Munich off...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Man City own football. They get whoever they want.

Think of them as a mafia style operation. They'll just rough us up until we give in. Just read the evidence online about how they've been operating for years now.

If FFP dictates that they pay no more than £65m, that's what they'll pay. Or else Top and Rudkin will be knee-capped.

Of course if we were looking at this whole thing from the outside, we would be laughing our tits off at the thought that Harry Maguire was worth anywhere near £80 million (or more, depending on which made up media story you choose to believe)

I've given up trying to assess what anyone's worth. It's a fast moving equation with a number of factors, all of which means I can't keep up.

Only to stop talking about Maguire....

Three of our back four have achieved relatively little in their careers yet appear to be valued at a combined quarter of a billion.

Meanwhile, the remaining one (Evans) that has won trophies and titles, and is our best defender, gets zero attention. Weird summer.

I mean:

Maguire, Chilwell, Ricardo, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes. Worth an absolute fortune.

And our 3 most important players aren't even on that list in Kasper, Vardy and possibly Evans.

Our club and its assets are worth an absolute fortune. It's crazy.

the media really are showing how much they really actually resented us in 2016, for all the spaffing over Wolves last season what stories are there about their players leaving?

If FFP dictates that they pay no more than £65m, that's what they'll pay. Or else Top and Rudkin will be knee-capped.

Surely nobody would object to the latter?

Can't see Maguire going to Man u in this window as it's a club with problems & the chance of Solskjaer still being there after a dozen games are slim
Man city maybe but they are apparently not willing to pay Leicesters asking price this might have something to do with ffp & they won't want to take a chance on being banned for a season in the champions league
then we stick to our guns and demand a minimum of 80 million

during Romania's first match the commentator said Palermo were willing to sell George Pușcaș for something like £5m or so, at that price I would snap him up, looks a real prospect and wouldn't be too much of a gamble.

Also on yesterday's On The Continent pod they said Palermo might be getting relegated to the fourth tier due to financial irregularities so we might be able to get him for even less

during Romania's first match the commentator said Palermo were willing to sell George Pușcaș for something like £5m or so, at that price I would snap him up, looks a real prospect and wouldn't be too much of a gamble.

Also on yesterday's On The Continent pod they said Palermo might be getting relegated to the fourth tier due to financial irregularities so we might be able to get him for even less
International football is no place to judge the credentials of a player. The game is so different. Surely we have learnt that with past players like Poborski, Jordi Cruyff and Milan Baros who were bought off the back of excellent European championships. For us more recently we can look at someone like Kaputska.

International football is no place to judge the credentials of a player. The game is so different. Surely we have learnt that with past players like Poborski, Jordi Cruyff and Milan Baros who were bought off the back of excellent European championships. For us more recently we can look at someone like Kaputska.
at £5m or so its a gamble worth taking, he has pace and power and looks like a quality finisher, he wouldn't be my only signing but certainly worth a punt

the media really are showing how much they really actually resented us in 2016, for all the spaffing over Wolves last season what stories are there about their players leaving?
I know. ****s me off. Every summer they assume we are going to have a garage sale. I would love it if we broke the top 4. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566