Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A final figure of 30 million euros.
16 million euros as an initial payment.

I expect Newcastle are attempting to maximise the reported fee to stop them looking even worse than they already are

Ashey will want the reported fee to be lower, so he has an excuse not to spend much on a replacement.

I think a key player being picked off by a rival because of a foolishly low buy out clause is worse than net spend totals that are made up anyway.

I think a key player being picked off by a rival because of a foolishly low buy out clause is worse than net spend totals that are made up anyway.
But you have not got the brain of Mike Ashley.

I'm not the biggest fan of Perez but if you said we could pay c60m for him and Tielemans I'd have taken that. Even with Perez being free that's an ok deal in this climate.

If we do add Perez I would be slightly concerned at the lightweight nature of our side.. plenty of small, quick and technically gifted players but in games where you need to put your body on the line and fight we might well struggle. Eg against sides like Palace, West Ham, Cardiff etc. In the messy, rough games last season is exactly where we struggled. Plus from set pieces too.
In my opinion we need more physicality adding.
A Rondon style of player for example
agreed but we still have Choudry Ndidi and others who like to get stuck in.

I simply don't understand the thinking behind that bid from Arsenal (and so I suspect it's either bollocks reporting or there's more behind the headline)

There's a Ducati 996 for sale at the local bike dealers. They want 10 grand for it but I'll offer them a tenner... you never know.

I simply don't understand the thinking behind that bid from Arsenal (and so I suspect it's either bollocks reporting or there's more behind the headline)

There's a Ducati 996 for sale at the local bike dealers. They want 10 grand for it but I'll offer them a tenner... you never know.
It does seem a bit odd, I agree. They’ve reportedly done the same with a bid for Zaha, though, so it looks like it is something they’re doing.

It does seem a bit odd, I agree. They’ve reportedly done the same with a bid for Zaha, though, so it looks like it is something they’re doing.

They think the name Arsenal will unsettle the player to force a move, ****ing idiots.

The name Arsenal no longer means anything, I look forward to overtaking them this season.

Hopefully we'll announce Perez today; sounds like it's a done deal at this point?

I read a comment from Rob Dorset that apparently we could've negotiated a lower fee for Perez, but Brendan was keen to get the deal done ASAP to stop others coming in as he sees Perez as a key target and didn't want others jumping in.

Hopefully we'll announce Perez today; sounds like it's a done deal at this point?

I read a comment from Rob Dorset that apparently we could've negotiated a lower fee for Perez, but Brendan was keen to get the deal done ASAP to stop others coming in as he sees Perez as a key target and didn't want others jumping in.
Is he in yet? Feels protracted. Just do it BR!

Which numpty at LCFC was it that put a £20million buy out clause in Kante's contract that allowed Chelsea in to steal him away for a pittance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566