Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you basically said unless we sell Maguire and/or Chilwell we won't be able to make major signings, it was completely baseless assumption on your part, unless of course you work as an accountant for Leicester City F.C./King Power.

What's the point arguing against baseless speculation?
Have you read the title of the thread?

yes there is less to spend but you are also assuming we will need to make lots of signings we don't 3 or 4 maximum this summer, players like Chilwell, Maddison, Maguire & Barnes will improve themselves which will improve the side without needing a signing, yes Monaco apparently want £40m for Tielemans but they also want Adrien Silva so there is a deal to be made there.

There are also a number of high earners like Fuchs and Shinji coming off of the wage bill freeing up funds and it wouldn't be unreasonable to think Wes has taken some form of reduction to match his reduced role in the side.

Yes we have got the training ground to pay for but that was what the loan we took out was for, as I understand it, to reduce the drain on resources whilst its being built, also and this is the main point, the owners have always spent heavily and given no indication of that stopping

yes there is less to spend but you are also assuming we will need to make lots of signings we don't 3 or 4 maximum this summer, players like Chilwell, Maddison, Maguire & Barnes will improve themselves which will improve the side without needing a signing, yes Monaco apparently want £40m for Tielemans but they also want Adrien Silva so there is a deal to be made there.

There are also a number of high earners like Fuchs and Shinji coming off of the wage bill freeing up funds and it wouldn't be unreasonable to think Wes has taken some form of reduction to match his reduced role in the side.

Yes we have got the training ground to pay for but that was what the loan we took out was for, as I understand it, to reduce the drain on resources whilst its being built, also and this is the main point, the owners have always spent heavily and given no indication of that stopping

Congratulations. I count seven examples of baseless speculation in that one post. Good for you, keep it up.

I'm getting increasingly puzzled by reactions on here. If I post some thoughts based on some reasoned evidence, or even random thoughts, why is this disregarded because it cannot be proven as 'fact'? None of us know the exact situation at the club. It seems a bit weird to have to point out in every post of supposition that this is what I'm doing. It's pretty obvious that this is what 90% of posts on here are, is it not?

It's starting to feel like a complete waste of time to think about something relevant and post an opinion. I don't mind if you disagree or (preferably) counter my post with some other thought process, after all I think that's the point of this forum, but there is a routine tendency nowadays to just dismiss anyone that says anything that isn't banal or obvious.
You didn't post your opinion as an opinion. You posted your thoughts on our financial position, which quite rightly you assert we know nothing of, as a fact:
So, for those that would keep Maguire, you're either going to have to sell someone else worth plenty or we cannot possibly afford to make significant additions
It's a habit of yours. Lots of posters countered your opinion citing Rogers coming here with a likely promise of funds rather than having to sell our best assets to fund purchases. Go back and read what you posted properly and perhaps you will see why it's sometimes quite easy to take what you write with a pinch of salt.

You may be right. I'm not so sure you will be but then I know the square root of **** all.... Just like everybody else.

I'm so sorry that my wording doesn't meet with your expectations. How dare I assume that those reading the forum have a moderate level of intelligence.
Believe me, I get exactly what I expect from you.

Semantics is everything. You really ought to stop now as it's quite clear you can't compute the most basic of premises. Perhaps if nothing else, you might stop thinking that you know more than others and start offering your opinions in a more reasonable way. Now, if it's okay with you I'd like to go back to watching England try to equalise against an atrocious Montenegro side.

You really ought to stop now as it's quite clear you can't compute the most basic of premises. Perhaps if nothing else, you might stop thinking that you know more than others and start offering your opinions in a more reasonable way.

Oh, the irony.

Seriously, 99.99% of everything on the internet is opinions, it isn't necessary to preface everything with 'IMO', it can be assumed from the location and context of a discussion.

And is it really such a problem when somebody has conviction of their opinions? We are not talking about people's opinions of anti-vaccination, Brexit, or the causes of climate change or anything that could have an impact on people's lives.

Bitching because someone says something you disagree with is much more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263