Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost as if every decision the club has made regarding recruitment over the last two years has been completely random.....

It’s almost as if every decision the club has made regarding recruitment over the last two years has been completely random.....
Not just playing staff either.

I don’t think he’ll swap now as he hasn’t even experimented with it so far in preseason.

The reasons why I thought we would go to - back 3 a few weeks ago and hence move to a 3-4-1-2 were the following:

1) The signing of Evans and still constantly being linked to decent centre backs.

2) The signing of Pereira who is very attacking for a defender.

3) The lack of signing of a left back, considering the two we currently have there are hopeless. Whereas Chilwell could potentially be half decent as a LWB where he doesn’t have to defend as much.

4) The performance levels of Harry Maguire in the back three at the WC.

5) The selling of Mahrez meaning that we don’t have to base a formation around our best player any more. He would not suit a 3-4-1-2 formation.

6) The lack of replacement for Mahrez meaning that we have Albrighton, Gray, Diabate and possibly Kapustka fighting for winger positions as a 4-4-2. We currently have a major lack of quality on our wings staying with a 4-4-2.

7) The signing of Maddison as a number 10 starter, meaning that we would have Vardy, Iheanacho, Okazaki, Ulloa, Slimani and Musa fighting for one position up top if we continued with 4-4-1-1. I presumed we would move to a 3-4-1-2 to be able to play with two of them, seeing as no ****er wants to sign any of them.

All the signs pointed to it a few weeks ago, but not any more. If we are going to continue with a 4-4-1-1, we desperately need a new Left Back and a new Winger, and clear out about a dozen strikers.
I agree. As you say, can't see it happening, though.

I'm sincerely hoping Vardy comes back with the hump.and a point to prove after his misuse / lack of use at the world cup behind players who did nothing in the season to warrant more game time than him.
that could be the key for us.
if he says to Maddison play it early and I'm always going for it we could be on to a winner.

The Mail understands City agreed a 15 per cent sell-on clause with Leicester when selling Maguire for a deal worth up to £17m last June.

Thanks for this, I was assuming there would be a sell on clause with Hull. Will take even more for us to want to sell him...

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to move but don't think it's the move for him right now. He's a feckin good player but he makes errors that won't be ignored there. He could possibly get away with it at Man City but not Manure. We'd also spend the £65m on magic beans or crippled footballers so a lose lose situation for all.

According to the Metro, Man Utd's offer was around £55m, which they thought accounted for an inflated asking price after his World Cup performances, but we're asking for more than £75m.

And apparently Utd arent prepared to go that far so will look at other targets.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/26/manc...er-city-demand-75m-for-harry-maguire-7763017/

Personally I'm really enjoying these articles where they refer to our owners are notoriously tough negotiators, etc. Good. We want people to know we're not pushovers.

According to the Metro, Man Utd's offer was around £55m, which they thought accounted for an inflated asking price after his World Cup performances, but we're asking for more than £75m.

And apparently Utd arent prepared to go that far so will look at other targets.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/26/manc...er-city-demand-75m-for-harry-maguire-7763017/

Personally I'm really enjoying these articles where they refer to our owners are notoriously tough negotiators, etc. Good. We want people to know we're not pushovers.

Express and Star have the same back page. It’s either about Harry or Adil Rashid tomorrow morning.

I'm really enjoying these articles where they refer to our owners are notoriously tough negotiators, etc. Good. We want people to know we're not pushovers.

Of course the evidence of the Mahrez deal might make some feel differently. Yes, they delayed it but the money we got for it was a pittance when compared with other recent deals.

Interesting - I presume he's more of a right winger ?

british-comedian-bernard-manning-in-manchester-circa-1985-picture-id580955656

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670