Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popillius

He’s improved massively under Pulis towards the end of the season, apparently after a few harsh words. He’s a magnificent sight when he’s playing well.
I agree, he's looked excellent of late. I think he'd be a very good addition.

SJN-Fox

The transfer window opens early this season ... This Thursday, May 17th. (Closes on August 9th at 5pm).

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The transfer window opens early this season ... This Thursday, May 17th. (Closes on August 9th at 5pm).
The problem with that is that the window in most of Europe closes a few weeks later. So English clubs could be selling players after our window has closed and have no opportunity to replace them.

City Fan

The problem with that is that the window in most of Europe closes a few weeks later. So English clubs could be selling players after our window has closed and have no opportunity to replace them.
They could just choose not to sell players to European clubs after the English deadline, knowing full well they have no opportunity to replace them?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
They could just choose not to sell players to European clubs after the English deadline, knowing full well they have no opportunity to replace them?
In most cases, yes. But some players have clauses in their contracts to say they can leave for a certain fee.

TommyK

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maguire leave and Mawson from Swansea come in.
Not that I want that to happen.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maguire leave and Mawson from Swansea come in.
Not that I want that to happen.
Maguire has four more years. We are not a selling club for players we would like to keep, like Maguire.

We may sell Mahrez, if enough money is put on the table.

We may sell Musa and Slimani as they do not appear to fit in with our style, though I am not sure what that is at the moment.

The last 2 games were played in our 2016 style, which was great, but we have had 5 months of turgid Puel style before that.

So which one is our style?

give_us_a_wave

Let's get Steve Walsh back from Everton & give him Rudkin's job. Apparently Everton are "restructuring" & he may be on his way. Give him the job he should have been given in the first place. Time to rectify a blunder.

The Don

Let's get Steve Walsh back from Everton & give him Rudkin's job. Apparently Everton are "restructuring" & he may be on his way. Give him the job he should have been given in the first place. Time to rectify a blunder.
He has gone from Everton. Get him in.

Skitzo

Cheap in today’s market, but he has just been relegated in a season where he was part of a group who stole a taxi in Barcelona.

Is he really the sort of character we need around the place?
before the incident last season I've never heard of any previous scandal involving Jonny Evans and he is still a quality player, that's Wes' replacement sorted, deal being held up because his agent wants £4m, more than the transfer fee will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many posts would you like to see on each page?

• No preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest posts