Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even so we will still have a strongest starting 11 with 2 CB that would play against the bigger teams so I'm still not convinced that Stones would accept signing for Leicester unless he was one of the guaranteed starters.
Maybe Evans because of his age would rotate alongside Benkovic??

If we did sign John Stones, I'd assume he'd be ahead of Soyuncu in the pecking order.

But I agree that Stones wouldn't come here to be a rotation option - unless Man City tell him he definitely won't be getting game time there.

If we did sign John Stones, I'd assume he'd be ahead of Soyuncu in the pecking order.

But I agree that Stones wouldn't come here to be a rotation option - unless Man City tell him he definitely won't be getting game time there.

Stones would never come here unless guaranteed to be wanted as a first team CB. You lot are crazy!! He's not been the best recently but he is a good defender and at 26 is not at his prime yet.

He'd have a long list of potential suitors all across the PL and possibly some decent teams abroad.

Even if we guaranteed him first team football, he'd still have a genuine choice to make between us, Everton again, perhap Wolves or even Arsenal.

Stones would never come here unless guaranteed to be wanted as a first team CB. You lot are crazy!! He's not been the best recently but he is a good defender and at 26 is not at his prime yet.

He'd have a long list of potential suitors all across the PL and possibly some decent teams abroad.

Even if we guaranteed him first team football, he'd still have a genuine choice to make between us, Everton again, perhap Wolves or even Arsenal.

FWIW, I'd sign him in a heartbeat if we're going 3 at the back more often than not.

What total games played could we be looking at next season? Depends on the Cups of course but we should be near 60ish and made me think In recent times say since the end of the 1980s What is the most games City have played in a season.?

I think there was a 61 game season, when we did well in the Full Members Cup.

1991/92

46 league games
6 games in the full members cup (we reached the northern final)
3 games in the play-offs (Cambridge, Blackburn)
4 games in the League Cup (knocked out by Arsenal in the second round)
2 FA cup games (knocked out by Bristol City in the fourth round)

Chilwell bumping into Drinkwater (Drinking Wine) could be good for us.

Surely no greater cautionary tale?

Unless we can arrange for him to bump into Joe Mattock too while he's there.

Also... Danny Drinkwater had almost got to the point this season where I just felt sorry for him.

One thing him pushing for his move to Chelsea and failing, but the way its gone since for him is sad.

However him posting photos drinking after the problems he's had this season is just plain dumb.

Chilwell bumping into Drinkwater (Drinking Wine) could be good for us.

Surely no greater cautionary tale?

Unless we can arrange for him to bump into Joe Mattock too while he's there.
I bet Chilwell’s agent doesn’t see it like that

Reguilon 2007

A cracking year to be fair to Danny

Kante for sale apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284