Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy with this.

Highly rated but had some bad luck last season by the sounds of it. I think that's the type of risk we should be taking.

And its a winger so at this point I'm just happy if we get someone that isn't Josh Low.

This could also mean we now sell Demarai Gray once we have another winger in, wish we could sell Albrighton too and promote one of the young wingers to fill the gap, a considerable amount of wages for players that do contribute a lot in attacking play gone and cash to reinvest

Why don't they just call it buy now pay later ??
Loan with an obligation to buy sounds the same thing
because that's how the regulations are loans with obligations are exactly that like you say, its accounting tricks, all totally legal however

loans with obligations are just ways to get around money being tight, we've been linked with him for well over a year, you have been complaining about a need for a winger, we are apparently about to sign one, who has done well is a decent league and is still pretty young at just 23 and you are still whining over it if you are expecting us to sign world stars you will forever be disappointed...

Chill out lad. It's only football bollocks.

because that's how the regulations are loans with obligations are exactly that like you say, its accounting tricks, all totally legal however
Perhaps we need to do the "try before you buy" trick, then when he turns out shit we don't spend 4 years trying to get rid

This could also mean we now sell Demarai Gray once we have another winger in, wish we could sell Albrighton too and promote one of the young wingers to fill the gap, a considerable amount of wages for players that do contribute a lot in attacking play gone and cash to reinvest

Gray can go.

I'd keep Albrighton though. Different option and offers a lot in workrate and commitment and is right for certain types of games or situations.

Plus if we sold both, we'd be down to just Perez, Barnes and Under (or other new winger) which still leaves us short.

Gray can go.

I'd keep Albrighton though. Different option and offers a lot in workrate and commitment and is right for certain types of games or situations.

Plus if we sold both, we'd be down to just Perez, Barnes and Under (or other new winger) which still leaves us short.
yeah I get the rational for keeping Albrighton

This is what The Guardian said about him in December 2018:

It sounds like both Arsenal and Chelsea could be removing their blazers and setting their pocket watches to one side in order to grapple for Roma’s Cengiz Under, who will set one of them back £54m.

This is what The Guardian said about him in December 2018:

It sounds like both Arsenal and Chelsea could be removing their blazers and setting their pocket watches to one side in order to grapple for Roma’s Cengiz Under, who will set one of them back £54m.
Sounds more like December 1918

Just watching a YouTube video of him, because obviously all exciting wingers need a YouTube video to get us ready for their arrival, right?

It's hilarious that someone made this as a video of Under's "crazy skills". I can't tell if it's a joke... Most of the clips he either gives the ball away, plays a terrible ball at the end of it, or hits the ball against a defender and is lucky to come away with it.

So he's maybe a bit of a Turkish Demarai Gray...

The only positive I'd take from the video is it looks like he has a good workrate when he loses the ball!

Luckily I won't judge a player by his YouTube videos...

Imagine how many vegemite sandwiches we could buy with 20 million quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263