Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you, at 500k a week on a potentially 3 year contract is still 78million.

That's true. They might also have to forget about playing friendlies in America for a while.....possibly.

Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans is being watched by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United as Leicester try to tie down the 24-year-old to a new contract. (AS - in Spanish)

The Foxes have also made contact with Serie A side Sassuolo about Italy winger Domenico Berardi, 27, over a possible January transfer move. (Leicester Mercury)

Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans is being watched by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United as Leicester try to tie down the 24-year-old to a new contract. (AS - in Spanish)

The Foxes have also made contact with Serie A side Sassuolo about Italy winger Domenico Berardi, 27, over a possible January transfer move. (Leicester Mercury)
Oh really? Famously skint Barcelona, a team who can’t register certain players because of their financial situation and have just had to sign Luuk De Jong on loan want to sign Tielemans?

Right-o.

Oh really? Famously skint Barcelona, a team who can’t register certain players because of their financial situation and have just had to sign Luuk De Jong on loan want to sign Tielemans?

Right-o.

They're just watching him. Same as the rest of us I suppose. Probably have the same chance of employing him too.

I definitely have a feeling Tielemans will move on.
Incendiary opinion i know, but if he DID have to move on to get Champions League football i'd rather see him at Man Utd because he's got the potential to be a Scholes style player for them. Much rather that than see him every so often for Real Madrid.
What i actually hope is that everything clicks for him this season with Lookman, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes scoring hatfuls off his passes and he can get Champs League football anyway, and win the Europe League to boot...

Tbh I'm surprised he didn't go this summer but a poor end of season and Euros probably kept the interest quiet.

Others will know about his contract situation too so would possibly rather wait to extra year to negotiate a lower fee.

If he doesn't sign a new contract and we are way off top 4 at Christmas, we may be best to cash in on him in January rather than lose him for less or even nothing.

Does he want to be club captain? Will that influence his thoughts?

Papy Mendy is left out of our Premier League squad, as well as his Europa exclusion.

Imagine he must be working on a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469