Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be disappointed to see Albrighton go but I feel like Rodgers may let him.

Not only would it be disappointing since he's another of the title winning squad, but he's also Mr Reliable. I feel like multiple managers have felt like he doesn't fit the style they're after so moved him to one side, only to then bring him back.

He's definitely not in my first XI and he shouldn't be, but I think he's a positive on the squad. I see him as our James Milner for example.

He's not a flair player but someone you can usually rely on to give 100% and carve out a few crosses. His defensive work is usually good too. He's not the first player I would sell but maybe if the Tarkowski rumours aren't absolute bollocks we could make him part of the deal.

Burnley after Albrighton

I've always thought he'd do well working for Dyche.

If he has anything about him, he'd be up for regular football there as opposed to the bit part role he has had with us over recent years.

However, I suspect that this is more to do with the fact that he only has one year remaining on his contract.

"Swoop" I've not read that one before.

Albrighton is an odd one. He doesn't let you down as such, gives his all and has to be commended for it. Sure, like all players, he can be dog shit but he even does that with his usual commitment. That's to say that he never lacks for trying. It's actually hard to fault him as a rule but, yes, I think it fair to say "he's not a flair player" It certainly wouldn't surprise many people if he was sold.

Let him go? I'd give him a year extension... Best crosser at the club and not like we've got a wealth of options out wide when we need it. One of them where you've got to leave it up to the player if he's not happy being out the first team.

I Love Albrighton and think he can still contribute to our success, but if he does leave then he would be awesome for Burnley. The best crosser of the ball in the league would take Burnley up a level as they have the strikers to make the most of those crosses.

One of them where you've got to leave it up to the player if he's not happy being out the first team.
I think that's key. He's earned that too. I'm sure we'd offer a year extension if he's happy just to train and spend a good deal of time on the bench. He'll get starts, for sure, but it'll not be every week.

Interesting given how hard we tried to sign him before he joined Barca and then last summer - four bids in total I believe. Now we're happy to let him go elsewhere - and on loan.

Surely this means we must have someone lined up?

I dont think we can let Morgan, Fuchs and Albrighton leave the squad all in one year. Albrighton along with Vardy, Schmeichel and Evans are the senior spine of the squad. I think he's worth more than the £1-3m we would get for him in terms of the example he can give to younger players and also to keep widemen honest on what 'putting a good ball into the box' looks like.

Interesting given how hard we tried to sign him before he joined Barca and then last summer - four bids in total I believe. Now we're happy to let him go elsewhere - and on loan.

Surely this means we must have someone lined up?

Very strange if we're not back in for him.

He seemed to be our key target last summer. Why would we not be interested in him now?

There's been no real links with wingers.

Maybe we've opted against it because Brendan would rather strengthen the 3-5-2 shape so is focusing on players that fit that. But I think not having a decent winger to change things would be a big mistake.

Just saw Wolves have already announced the signing of Trincao this morning.

Really hope we have someone else lined up for that position

I think I'm going to sound entitled or something: if he's signed for Wolves then I find it difficult to believe we were in for him in any serious way. Maybe there are questions about him somewhere and he's not all he's being touted as. Dunno.

I don't recall him being a key target for us last summer or even being mentioned much. Perhaps we'll give the gazelle another chance?

I dont think we can let Morgan, Fuchs and Albrighton leave the squad all in one year. Albrighton along with Vardy, Schmeichel and Evans are the senior spine of the squad. I think he's worth more than the £1-3m we would get for him in terms of the example he can give to younger players and also to keep widemen honest on what 'putting a good ball into the box' looks like.
Of course we can, it’s called evolution. I agree with all the positives that have been said about Albrighton. But the reality is that for all his effort and commitment, he doesn’t improve our first 11 now. At the back end of last season when our attack was severely lacking options, he wasn’t able to add anything to it. This might seem harsh. but if we want to improve, there is little room for sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566