Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I saw one that said we’d opened negotiations with his representatives.

so in other words it’s all crap.

Loads of reports on Tielemans to Liverpool. Seems that this is gathering pace and the player himself may be looking to push through a move. If it happens, it better be a massive bucket load of cash. The quoted £64m better be per foot.

Loads of reports on Tielemans to Liverpool. Seems that this is gathering pace and the player himself may be looking to push through a move. If it happens, it better be a massive bucket load of cash. The quoted £64m better be per foot.

I don't believe the reports but we are in a difficult position with Tielemans, Soyuncu and Ricardo.

All are potentially worth a lot of money. All have contracts that expire in 2023. If they don't sign new deals, we will lose a lot by selling next summer vs. this one.

Tielemans could be worth £70m this summer. He will be worth half that at best next summer if he doesn't sign a new deal.

We've reportedly had an offer on the table to Soyuncu for over a year now - unsigned. We've been trying to extend Tielemans for some time too. If they don't renew, don't we have to consider good offers?

I don't believe the reports but we are in a difficult position with Tielemans, Soyuncu and Ricardo.

All are potentially worth a lot of money. All have contracts that expire in 2023. If they don't sign new deals, we will lose a lot by selling next summer vs. this one.

Tielemans could be worth £70m this summer. He will be worth half that at best next summer if he doesn't sign a new deal.

We've reportedly had an offer on the table to Soyuncu for over a year now - unsigned. We've been trying to extend Tielemans for some time too. If they don't renew, don't we have to consider good offers?

I wouldn’t sell Tielemans, but would consider offers for Soyuncu and Ricardo.

Yeah it's a tough set of decisions for someone to make. I still don't think, in this mental market, 70m is a good offer for Tielemans but you are absolutely right; next year, unless he signs a new deal, we could see him sold for a quarter of his 'worth'.

Tielemans deserves to be playing Champions League football.

I’m not surprised he hasn’t signed yet, as he’ll be waiting to see if we finally make it next season.

This one doesn't go away. There is only a single source but it is a decent one with a record of calling Arsenal moves before they happen.

For what it's worth, I think it rings true that we'd be open to selling Maddison. I remain convinced that BR would much rather have Coutinho and a load of cash than Maddison.

This one doesn't go away. There is only a single source but it is a decent one with a record of calling Arsenal moves before they happen.

For what it's worth, I think it rings true that we'd be open to selling Maddison. I remain convinced that BR would much rather have Coutinho and a load of cash than Maddison.

I've just been discussing the same thing with Arsenal fans.

If Arsenal want to pay £60-70m for Maddison, plus £200k a week wages, then I think we (and Maddison) are coming off much better in that deal.

Especially if we can use it to go bring in Coutinho for a year and then 1-2 players for the future.

Oh, and I love the idea that them giving him their 'iconic' number 10 shirt would be a huge bargaining chip. I don't think the Arsenal 10 shirt is particularly coveted. Yes it was worn by one of my favourite all time players but then it was worn by William Gallas...

We won't sell both Tielemans and Maddison in the same window FFS. Also this shit about them offering him a deal without agreeing a transfer fee with the club first screams horseshit.....

Then Fofana gets his big move to Wolves, Barnes moves to Watford, Ricardo joins Forest, Vardy to Colchester

If Maddison is a serious target for the most hopeless club in London I officially don’t get football any more

Then Fofana gets his big move to Wolves, Barnes moves to Watford, Ricardo joins Forest, Vardy to Colchester

If Maddison is a serious target for the most hopeless club in London I officially don’t get football any more
Second most hopeless. Surely Spurs hold the top spot?

Maddison appears to be a young man very into being a high profile personality. He takes his online presence seriously, has contracts with clothes and media companies, and so on. He wants to be seen and talked about.

If he has been offered the chance to double his wages and move to a club in London that gives him much greater exposure for all his off field interests, he'll be very interested.

His mate Chilwell went to London like a shot last summer for very much the same reasons and seems to be very happy with his decision.

Arsenal are a huge club. Much bigger than we'll ever be. Yes, he'd be moving to an inferior team but that really isn't what it's about nowadays.

Fame and fortune will win.

They wouldn't ever do it but we should ask for Saka + 20 million for Maddison. He is everything we need at the moment, and couldn't be further from Maddison in mentality.

Is Tielemans still here?

Thought he'd have left as soon as possible to go and play CL.

The other thing about Maddison: he’s burned his England bridge for as long as Southgate is in charge, which appears to be a long time. He may feel he needs to force Southgates hand by playing for one of the “top” clubs.

I dunno, I think for the money generated we could probably improve the squad, but he’s also a lovely footballer on his day.

Maddison appears to be a young man very into being a high profile personality. He takes his online presence seriously, has contracts with clothes and media companies, and so on. He wants to be seen and talked about.

If he has been offered the chance to double his wages and move to a club in London that gives him much greater exposure for all his off field interests, he'll be very interested.

His mate Chilwell went to London like a shot last summer for very much the same reasons and seems to be very happy with his decision.

Arsenal are a huge club. Much bigger than we'll ever be. Yes, he'd be moving to an inferior team but that really isn't what it's about nowadays.

Fame and
fortune will win.
Let's be honest, this is pretty much all that there is to it. The same as most of us; he'll jump at the opportunity to significantly increase his earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566