Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Rodriguez surplus to requirements at Everton apparently. From memory he was cutting in from the right and playing people in on his left peg last season. Ring any bells? I imagine Vardy would have a field day with Tielemans, Rodriguez, Barnes, Maddison working behind him. I imagine Daka and Iheanacho would too...

Love how JR is surplus to requirements and yet they have signed Gray and Townsend.

Quality stuff

Mad isn't it.

Are Everton skint?

Having said that, I wouldn't want James Rodriguez as a winger in our team. Too slow to play out wide imo. Think he's better in the middle - but not sure he's better than Maddison, but imagine he has much higher wages.

Aside from some (admittedly glorious) highlights, he didn't really add much on the pitch. He probably helped with the club's profile, but I dread to think what they'd have paying him. Certainly doesn't fit the model we've been using successfully

These are the most solid Maddison-Arsenal links so far. Sounds like they may have actually stepped up their interest by making a bid.

No doubt after using the media to gauge the players interest over the last few weeks.

Nothing less than £60m should be accepted.

I'd be really annoyed if we sold Maddison to Arsenal you know.

We are clearly ahead of them in footballing terms right now. In everything other than finance and history.

Selling one of our better players to them might mean that doesn't stay that way.

If Maddison wants to go to Man City, Man Utd or Real Madrid, let him. But do not strengthen a rival who we should be looking to pull away from and weaken ourselves. Don't be a small club.

I'd be really annoyed if we sold Maddison to Arsenal you know.

We are clearly ahead of them in footballing terms right now. In everything other than finance and history.

Selling one of our better players to them might mean that doesn't stay that way.

If Maddison wants to go to Man City, Man Utd or Real Madrid, let him. But do not strengthen a rival who we should be looking to pull away from and weaken ourselves. Don't be a small club.

The club know what they are doing.

We choose if and when to sell a player. We only do it if we think it's the right thing for the development of the team.

Maddison is injury prone, inconsistent, and a problematic player to manage. The fact that he is open to the move tells me plenty about him on its own.

If we can raise enough to strengthen by replacing him and adding quality, e.g. Coutinho, Berardi and a CB, we should absolutely do it.

Maybe we believe that selling him will pull us further away from Arsenal.

I'd certainly be open to selling him but I can't see this Arsenal link coming through. We won't want their cast offs and are unlikely to settle for less than the £60m particularly given that Norwich are due a chunk and we'll be looking to strengthen out of what money we do get...

I'd not be surprised if his injuries do him full time anyway. The fact Arse are interested supports the gut feeling I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363