Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s talking about ambition?

We are definitely a club with ambition, there’s no denying that. But Youri deserves to be playing year in year out in the Champions League. I’m sure he would have joined hoping we’d have got there within a couple of years, but unfortunately it hasn’t happened

If we don’t make top 4 next season he’ll be off. Nothing to do with our ambition, but more to do with the quality of the guy. He could get into the midfield of the biggest clubs in Europe. He’s that good.
I agree. Earlier posts suggested that his ambition somewhat outweighed our own. It doesn't. We have the same ambitions.

Phrases like 'small time mentality' 'bottling' blah blah blah are just getting right on my tits.

If we are bitching and moaning about our cup winning season given what has gone on with our squad, even down to the last game, then we may as well pack it all in.

Anyway, let's look forwards. Keep our big players, see if any suckers will take the dross, get a few more in and we're good to go again.

If it means he stays for an extra year, and is happy doing so, then it's a good situation.
Yep, and one I'm completely happy with too.

The singularly most important thing for me (vis-a-vis the club) at this point in time was to make that sure he stays for next season. That's a tick then.

I’m sure he would have joined hoping we’d have got there within a couple of years, but unfortunately it hasn’t happened

Well, maybe just after he joined and we got rid of Puel....

If you'd have said back in December that not one of Maddison, Barnes or Justin would have been in a 33 man provisional Euros squad people wouldn't have believed you......

I agree. Earlier posts suggested that his ambition somewhat outweighed our own. It doesn't. We have the same ambitions.

Phrases like 'small time mentality' 'bottling' blah blah blah are just getting right on my tits.

If we are bitching and moaning about our cup winning season given what has gone on with our squad, even down to the last game, then we may as well pack it all in.

Anyway, let's look forwards. Keep our big players, see if any suckers will take the dross, get a few more in and we're good to go again.
I want to be clear I wasn't critical of the clubs ambition, it's clearly there for all to see.

I was more saying that in order to keep him long term we have to be in the Champions League and competing for trophies. Even then, I'm of the opinion Tielemans could play for any club in the world.

If you'd have said back in December that not one of Maddison, Barnes or Justin would have been in a 33 man provisional Euros squad people wouldn't have believed you......
You could make the case that all 3 of them would be were they not all injured.

I want to be clear I wasn't critical of the clubs ambition, it's clearly there for all to see.

I was more saying that in order to keep him long term we have to be in the Champions League and competing for trophies. Even then, I'm of the opinion Tielemans could play for any club in the world.
''Shoot for the stars'' is a good expression I believe. As we all (at best) doubted that our owners could get us to the Premier League and cement us there (6 seasons now and counting), no-one (bookies and pundits included) could have predicted our trajectory in this period.

There is nothing to stop our trajectory continuing in it's current positive manner (bar £££, agreed - perhaps the single biggest factor).

Who is to say that in 10 years time football fans worldwide won't see us as as big as some of Europe's best, with a stadium holding 60,000 plus, along with a global fanbase and companies begging t invest in our brand?

Is anyone bitching and moaning about the season? Plenty of us (and I do include myself) have bitched and moaned about individual games, but the entire season? No, I don't think so.

I know I've been pissed off with performances, and wailed and cried like a Idon'tknowhat but that's who I am and what I do (and I was HUGELY pissed off that we lost to Spurs)... but as the days pass, one calms down and gets over it. I would reiterate though that, certainly speaking for myself but I suspect others too, it's only ever about that one game.

If you're one of those that can take it all in your stride then well done you. And I mean that, it's a real credit to you. I'm not proud that I lose it, that I go pear shaped. Above all else, it's ****ing embarrassing. Embarrassing to behave that way, embarrassing to admit that I get that way over a sodding football match. My only saving grace is that I only do it on here, it's my way of dealing with it. No animals are hurt. I've even learnt my lesson and TV remotes are safe nowadays.

So Man city phone Tilemans agent and say we want to pay your client £300k per week to sign for us.
Tilemans then tells his agent no I'm staying at Leicester because they have made me captain.

Tilemans would be off without a 2nd thought and if anyone on here thinks otherwise you are delusional

I'm not surprised about maddison because it's clear that he's not fit. The only problem is that it'll be hard to sell the ****er now

I'm not surprised about maddison because it's clear that he's not fit. The only problem is that it'll be hard to sell the ****er now
I honestly don't see why so many on here have such a downer on Maddison. Next season, a fully fit player, having had a proper pre-season will provide the ammunition for our forward line AND give us quality freekicks.

I predict that many will claim never to have said some of the comments in this thread.

I honestly don't see why so many on here have such a downer on Maddison. Next season, a fully fit player, having had a proper pre-season will provide the ammunition for our forward line AND give us quality freekicks.

I predict that many will claim never to have said some of the comments in this thread.

He's got no respect for the club, his teammates or the fans, that's enough for me.

His stupidity led him to miss a very important game for us and who knows how we'd have played that day? Since returning he's not been very good.....I'm sure if he'd made up for his stupidity on the pitch we'd all think differently about a potential move. If he plays like he is capable of then I'll be first in line to buy a JMadz handbag next summer.

His stupidity led him to miss a very important game for us and who knows how we'd have played that day?
The way we played that day made it very clear that the actions of him and a few others had really effected the squad.

Losing games for footballing reasons is one thing, losing them (badly) because of some Twattish behaviour off the pitch is entirely another.

That is the only game I can actually look back at and say it specifically cost us the CL, purely because it was down to off the field shit.

It was a massive game

I'd rather we kept Maddison, for sure. He can be a key player.

His personality has riled a few people while he's not been doing well, but it's only a couple of months since we were all praising what a sensible head he had on him.

Yes I'd rather he stays.

But if we have to lose a key asset, he's definitely the one I'd rather lose

I'll be first to eat my words if he starts performing well but as yet he's been massively inconsistent, even before covid. If we have to sell one first team player I hope that it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566