Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it is the Times that we've made Eriksen an offer and are waiting for his decision. Several other clubs have done so too.

Given the fact that we tried signing him on loan from Inter, it would be surprising if we hadn't approached him.

‘Waiting for his decision’

Translation:-

‘He is waiting for an offer from a club that isn’t Leicester’.

It isn’t going to happen.

He's had two by all accounts. Many are suggesting that he has had offers from both Brentford and Mancheater United.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in London. He's enjoyed it there and reports suggest he's happy in London.

Or worse, it does happen and he's shite on account of being miffed that this is what he's reduced to...

Raphinha is off to Chelsea.

Wonder if that means Ziyech is available? I remember us being interested in him before Chelsea got him.

Wonder if that means Ziyech is available? I remember us being interested in him before Chelsea got him.
Let's hope so. He'd massively improve our attack.

Ziyech is apparently on his way to Milan.

Post title win was our big chance to do something transformational. We ****ed it. We know this don’t we?

Post title win was our big chance to do something transformational. We ****ed it. We know this don’t we?

God what an awful bunch of signings.

Mendy clearly the best of them, and even him we've been trying to get rid of since.

Our record on signings that cost a lot of money is pretty abysmal.

I think most of us, and most Leicester fans in general, would share this view. And I went to look for our most expensive signings to show just how abysmal it is...

But actually... if you look at our top 10 most expensive signings... It's not such a bad list at all!

1. Youri, £40m - worth every penny
2. Fofana, £31.5m (had no idea he cost that much, but...) worth every penny
3. Ayoze Perez, £30.5m - ridiculous amount of money, mediocre player, but at least he's still here (although would be happy to see him go)
4. Slimani, £27.9m - awful
5. Daka, £27m - too early to judge IMO, wasn't bought to make an immediate impact and is young & will at least have resell value
6. Iheanacho, £25m - I think reasonable, we'd probably get similar if we sold him
7. Maddison, £22.5m - young, English, quality - this actually feels like a bargain now
8. Ricardo Pereira, £19.8m - well worth it, would've been a bargain before his injury/if he gets back to his old level
9. Soyuncu, £19m - reasonable, will probably get similar/more if we sell him this summer
10. Castagne, £18.8m - reasonable. A stupid amount for us to pay on a player that doesn't play the position we needed (LB) but a good player still

So in our top 10, I make that one abysmal signing, 4 excellent signings, and 4-5 probably reasonable.

Oh, but if you look at signings 11-20 on our most expensive list... yeah, abysmal is the right word.

With the exception of Ndidi, what a waste of money and time this lot are:

1656494088835.png

I think most of us, and most Leicester fans in general, would share this view. And I went to look for our most expensive signings to show just how abysmal it is...

But actually... if you look at our top 10 most expensive signings... It's not such a bad list at all!

3. Ayoze Perez, £30.5m - ridiculous amount of money, mediocre player, but at least he's still here (although would be happy to see him go)
5. Daka, £27m - too early to judge IMO, wasn't bought to make an immediate impact and is young & will at least have resell value
6. Iheanacho, £25m - I think reasonable, we'd probably get similar if we sold him
7. Maddison, £22.5m - young, English, quality - this actually feels like a bargain now
8. Ricardo Pereira, £19.8m - well worth it, would've been a bargain before his injury/if he gets back to his old level
9. Soyuncu, £19m - reasonable, will probably get similar/more if we sell him this summer
10. Castagne, £18.8m - reasonable. A stupid amount for us to pay on a player that doesn't play the position we needed (LB) but a good player still

So in our top 10, I make that one abysmal signing, 4 excellent signings, and 4-5 probably reasonable.
Not sure I trust the Perez value. I think it suited both clubs to talk it up as £30m, but I think I read somewhere that it was actually more like £16-17m. Which is still a lot of money, but not quite so bad.

I am also unsure of the Yuri amount, I recall £27m - £32m. Even better value, if so.

Not sure I trust the Perez value. I think it suited both clubs to talk it up as £30m, but I think I read somewhere that it was actually more like £16-17m. Which is still a lot of money, but not quite so bad.
Immediately before the time of the transfer it was reported the fee agreed was £12.5 million which seems far more realistic. If true, he's been good value for money.

Mendy was not an awful signing.

Not awful, comfortably second best out of that list behind Ndidi. But £14m? We've been trying to get rid of him ever since signing him almost. Definitely not a good signing.

I still think he can do a job, but at the time we signed him £14m was still a significant outlay.

Weird how quickly it changes, because now I can't see any Prem team signing someone for under £10m...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757