Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought and still think there was a decent player in there. But I also wouldn't have a problem in him leaving.
That’s about right. Sometimes moves just don’t quite work out. Especially young players moving countries….in the middle of a pandemic too.

I thought and still think there was a decent player in there. But I also wouldn't have a problem in him leaving.

He obviously wasn't willing to have the necessary surgery to birth the decent player. No idea where anyone gets any opinion on Soumare as a footballer other than as an absolute sack of turds.

He obviously wasn't willing to have the necessary surgery to birth the decent player. No idea where anyone gets any opinion on Soumare as a footballer other than as an absolute sack of turds.
Perhaps the fact he served as a lynchpin to a Lille team that won their domestic title despite having to contend with PSG.

Or the fact he’s represented France at every level, bar a senior call up.

Or that he was developed at PSG.

Or that he achieved all that before the age of 22.

He’s not fitted in well here, and has at times looked well off the pace. But he comes with significant pedigree, especially at his young age.

Perhaps the fact he served as a lynchpin to a Lille team that won their domestic title despite having to contend with PSG.

Or that he was developed at PSG.

Or that he achieved all that before the age of 22.

He’s not fitted in well here, and has at times looked well off the pace. But he comes with significant pedigree, especially at his young age.

That's all great n all. Can't say I've watched a second of those achievements myself, maybe others spend endless hours watching foreign football? That Silva chap we had also achieved even more stuff than Soumare elsewhere but was like a crab with 2 legs missing for us. For both players they just didn't show owt for us and based on what I've seen....shite.

I can't be arsed to google but bet players like Spearing and Luke Chadwick have had similar achievements with England.

I wrote some time ago that the best thing for Soumare would be a loan move to a French club. This would be a good move for all concerned. The player gets to play regular football, Monaco get a player who was an important part of the Lille team that won Ligue 1 and City will get back next year a player who will be 2 years older and more mature than the one we signed last year. WIN WIN WIN

I wrote some time ago that the best thing for Soumare would be a loan move to a French club. This would be a good move for all concerned. The player gets to play regular football, Monaco get a player who was an important part of the Lille team that won Ligue 1 and City will get back next year a player who will be 2 years older and more mature than the one we signed last year. WIN WIN WIN
Completely agree.

Do you honestly watch the French league?
Sometimes, yeah. I watch a LOT of sport.

All I’m trying to say is that there are plenty of indicators that Soumare is a talented footballer. I’m not arguing he’s looked like one for Leicester - he’s been hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263