Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Luke Thomas is a really talented player and still young enough to kick on. If we can’t shift Bertrand, then a loan move would make sense.
If Bertrand hasn't improved dramatically over the summer, Thomas is already well ahead of him

Don’t disagree. But if the opportunity for Thomas to get a full season under his belt somewhere presents itself we should try and take it.
Yep. He needs to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Like I say, I like him and I think he will be a good player but a loan will only help this to happen quicker.

According to this, Athletico Madrid have made three moves for Castagne, all knocked back. They want a loan with an obligation to buy.

He's our best defensive RB. Selling him would be idiotic.

He's a sub. Ricardo is quite rightly first choice as right back because he's a much better player.

All subs should be for sale. We've got to get rid of players. Castagne is a solid right back, nothing more, nothing less.

The only players I wouldn't be okay seeing leave over the next few weeks are; Schmeichel, Ricardo, Evans, Fofana, Justin, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Daka, Barnes, Vardy.

He's a sub. Ricardo is quite rightly first choice as right back because he's a much better player.

All subs should be for sale. We've got to get rid of players. Castagne is a solid right back, nothing more, nothing less.

The only players I wouldn't be okay seeing leave over the next few weeks are; Schmeichel, Ricardo, Evans, Fofana, Justin, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Daka, Barnes, Vardy.
Agreed. It’s almost embarrassing our strength in depth at right back compared to the rest of the team. I’d be ok with selling Castagne and buying a right winger.

So Thomas out on loan and then sell Castagne, that leaves us light if either Ricardo or Justin get injured, I suppose we could always play Hamza at right back again.

He might be a sub in your proposed first 11 but how many times will the opportunity come about to have them all starting? The importance of having genuine squad players - (who play rotarionally if needed) is huge - even without European football. He’s a quality player - I’m not sure why we should be looking to sell just because he wouldn’t be the first name on the team sheet for everyone if all players are available?

He might be a sub in your proposed first 11 but how many times will the opportunity come about to have them all starting? The importance of having genuine squad players - (who play rotarionally if needed) is huge - even without European football. He’s a quality player - I’m not sure why we should be looking to sell just because he wouldn’t be the first name on the team sheet for everyone if all players are available?
Because our squad is massive and expensive?

I agree with this, Castagne will get games and if we sold him we are then light, where we need to shift players is in other areas where we have to many like, Hamza, Vestergaard, Nacho, Bertrand, Perez, Praet, players that might get a spot on the bench just to give them something to do. I'd rather we put some of the U23s there.

He's proved his value time and time again. He was a sub but the real Ricardo hasn't arrived back in camp since his injury and defensively, Castagne has been excellent. Justin has to be our LB this season, it's where he plays his best football. That leaves us with Ricardo and Castagne on the right. It would be madness to sell either one of them.

We haven't got to get rid of players at any cost. We have to be strategic in what we do. If we're offered a shit load of cash for Castagne, double what we paid or thereabouts, then I could perhaps see the logic of letting him go. Other than that, allowing him to leave would be plain, illogical stupidity.

I agree with this, Castagne will get games and if we sold him we are then light, where we need to shift players is in other areas where we have to many like, Hamza, Vestergaard, Nacho, Bertrand, Perez, Praet, players that might get a spot on the bench just to give them something to do. I'd rather we put some of the U23s there.

You're missing the point. Nobody wants the players we would like to move on. In addition, most of those you've listed have no interest in leaving to join an inferior club on lower wages.

We'll get a few out on loan but that isn't sufficient. We have to sell players that other clubs want to buy.

Recent articles from Percy and Tanner have made the club position really clear. You can argue that Castagne is too important a player to sell but what's your alternative then?

You're missing the point. Nobody wants the players we would like to move on. In addition, most of those you've listed have no interest in leaving to join an inferior club on lower wages.

We'll get a few out on loan but that isn't sufficient. We have to sell players that other clubs want to buy.

Recent articles from Percy and Tanner have made the club position really clear. You can argue that Castagne is too important a player to sell but what's your alternative then?
The alternative is that we hold our nerve with the squad we have at our disposal. Our finances are not in any way so desperate as to leave us needing to raise cash immediately. Selling our better assets will only make us go backwards. I agree that no one wants the other dross and that is a problem for us but then we suck it up and accept that there will be no incoming players.

I'm not missing the point it's obvious nobody wants the players I have listed, and yes it's difficult to shift dead wood but selling Castagne would make us weaker and we would still have a bloated squad that isn't much use.

I still think if we don't sign any new players then playing Ricardo on the right wing with Castagne behind him would be our strongest option with what we have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566