Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alternative is that we hold our nerve with the squad we have at our disposal. Our finances are not in any way so desperate as to leave us needing to raise cash immediately. Selling our better assets will only make us go backwards. I agree that no one wants the other dross and that is a problem for us but then we suck it up and accept that there will be no incoming players.
With the finances the way they are the wage bill at Leicester cannot be ignored, the loss of European tv money means the club is in a far worse place than last season, plenty of clubs have held their nerve and ended up in administration.

I'm not missing the point it's obvious nobody wants the players I have listed, and yes it's difficult to shift dead wood but selling Castagne would make us weaker and we would still have a bloated squad that isn't much use.

I still think if we don't sign any new players then playing Ricardo on the right wing with Castagne behind him would be our strongest option with what we have available.

If your argument is stick with what we have, that's fine. But the great majority of City fans, and critically the manager, want new players in.

For this to happen, we have to sell.

I agree that our current squad is fine as it is in terms of quality and depth. We just have too many unnecessary players over and above the main group.

I guess that what really matters is who the club want to sign. Our record over recent seasons is largely terrible so it's entirely fair to have no faith in our planned recruitment.

With the finances the way they are the wage bill at Leicester cannot be ignored, the loss of European tv money means the club is in a far worse place than last season, plenty of clubs have held their nerve and ended up in administration.
I am not saying that we don't need to tighten our belts but at the same time, we aren't in trouble financially. Certainly not to the point of selling our better players. The way to bring more finance to the club quickly is to achieve higher league positions. Selling off your better players is therefore a backwards step.

I am not saying that we don't need to tighten our belts but at the same time, we aren't in trouble financially. Certainly not to the point of selling our better players. The way to bring more finance to the club quickly is to achieve higher league positions. Selling off your better players is therefore a backwards step.

I reckon you've created a new metric there. xPpP.

Expected Points per Player calculates the value in points of each member of the squad.

For me, I'd give Castagne a xPpP of <1.5 which makes him expendable.

Vardy would have a xPpP of >10. Vestergaard may have a net negative xPpP.

Right, bear with me – this is all hypothetical and just being posted for a different direction of thought.

Ricardo hasn’t been on form since he arrived back in camp since his injury.

We sell him for the value that he could get when on top form, (probably more than he’s currently worth) – he may not get back to his best for us, we don’t know.

I don’t like the idea of selling our better players, it’s crazy, but currently he’s not at his best and he could be worth a few quid.

We keep Barnes – he’s the future (maybe).

Just an (odd) thought….

In an ideal world I would keep Castagne, but if he is the only player attracting interest at a reasonable fee that enabled us to invest in a decent right winger then the squad would be stronger overall.

I think we are better going with what we have got. Ride out another year and the squad will naturally evolve.

In an ideal world I would keep Castagne, but if he is the only player attracting interest at a reasonable fee that enabled us to invest in a decent right winger then the squad would be stronger overall.
The problem is we would of sold a very good player and more than likely invest the money in buying Lookman.

If your argument is stick with what we have, that's fine. But the great majority of City fans, and critically the manager, want new players in.

For this to happen, we have to sell.

I agree that our current squad is fine as it is in terms of quality and depth. We just have too many unnecessary players over and above the main group.

I guess that what really matters is who the club want to sign. Our record over recent seasons is largely terrible so it's entirely fair to have no faith in our planned recruitment.
No my argument is if we can't shift the players we don't want them don't sell players that we do want. I want Leicester to sign good new players but not at any cost especially one that is detrimental to the clubs future.

I listed the players that are 3/4th choice that we wouldn't miss that will only clog up the bench and prevent any talented youngsters coming through.

And yes our recent recruitment hasn't been great and if we sold Castagne only to sign Lookman permanently I'd argue its a step backwards

No my argument is if we can't shift the players we don't want them don't sell players that we do want.

The problem is the wage bill is too high. If we need to reduce it due to FFP rules, we might be forced to sell someone we want to keep.

And if we can't get rid of players, we'll end up with more than the 25 we're allowed to have in our Premier League squad, so they'll only be available for cup matches. And they probably won't play in those games if they're third or fourth choice.

I reckon you've created a new metric there. xPpP.

Expected Points per Player calculates the value in points of each member of the squad.

For me, I'd give Castagne a xPpP of <1.5 which makes him expendable.

Vardy would have a xPpP of >10. Vestergaard may have a net negative xPpP.
****ing genius. :043:

The problem is the wage bill is too high. If we need to reduce it due to FFP rules, we might be forced to sell someone we want to keep.

And if we can't get rid of players, we'll end up with more than the 25 we're allowed to have in our Premier League squad, so they'll only be available for cup matches. And they probably won't play in those games if they're third or fourth choice.
That's a sorry state to be in. Sounds like we need to loan players out just to get them off the wage bill and out of the 25 man squad

Both Justin and Ricardo weren’t brilliant when they returned and played last season - Castagne was better than both of them, left or right hand side

Unless and until that changes (which it obviously might), selling him would weaken us, so would be pretty stupid, really

But stupid is as stupid does, especially on here

Both Justin and Ricardo weren’t brilliant when they returned and played last season - Castagne was better than both of them, left or right hand side

Unless and until that changes (which it obviously might), selling him would weaken us, so would be pretty stupid, really

But stupid is as stupid does, especially on here
If we have no option to sell because of FFP and our inability to move on players not wanted we could end up In the scenario where another club comes in and offers £10 and a pork chop for Maddison.

If we have no option to sell because of FFP and our inability to move on players not wanted we could end up In the scenario where another club comes in and offers £10 and a pork chop for Maddison.

We can pay off contracts if we want to - very expensive, but possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670