Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why we won't. Jesus Homer, I thought you were the last person to start wibbling.

Betcha two of those three are gone by the end of the window

And we can all get to watch Bednarek bumbling around instead, desperately trying to stop somebody thumping it through Ward’s hands

Why is it just now in the transfer window that we're being open about being a bit skint and any ****er is for sale?

And we can all get to watch Bednarek bumbling around instead, desperately trying to stop somebody thumping it through Ward’s hands
And City fan will be found in a very very dark place.

Why is it just now in the transfer window that we're being open about being a bit skint and any ****er is for sale?
I'd imagine we have been desperately trying to clear the turds hoping we could shift 4-5 and that would be enough to balance the books.

We can't do that though so it looks like it will be a couple of the first team players going now at least.

Given the choice I'd prefer to sell Fofana for £80 million to Chelsea than help Newcastle finish above us with a low £60 million for Maddison he's worth more than that, I wouldn't take less than £100 million especially from Newcastle

It's worth downloading the RL interview with BR which is being quoted around and about.

Key points:

Around February, BR had decided that he wanted three players to come into the starting eleven for this season - people can see what positions we need to improve and we know who we want.

Towards the end of the season, the club made it clear to BR that there would be no budget for transfers this summer and he'd have to generate income from sales as the club had to balance their books. BR said he respected that decision.

BR is still hopeful that sales will enable him to sign targets but it is dependent on what else happens and he is happy to work with what he has if necessary.

We have had a difficult summer in terms of the lack of interest in buying our players. He hinted that the environment at the club made it comfortable for those that weren't playing but he hoped that the ones that wouldn't play here would prefer to play somewhere else rather than not play. He emphasised that those players have been told and he's made it clear that there will be fewer opportunities this season due to less matches.

On Tielemans, there have been zero offers for him.

On Schmeichel, club have been talking to him and he has other options and this is a key contract for him. The time comes for every player.

On Fofana, we don't want to lose him. His time for a move will come but he's happy here.

BRs ambitions haven't changed - it is to compete for European football and be competitive in the domestic cups. There is lots of propaganda around us not signing players but we have to respect where the club is at and keep pushing.

I'll have that bet. You grumpy old todger.

My guess is if we're now saying we're skint and need to sell in general it's because of two things

1. The King Power financial situation is getting worse

2. We thought we could do what we need by shifting Deadwood. Instead we now need to sell key players and have opened up about that to encourage bids while there's still a month to go and a vague hope of spending some of the money on replacements.

I'd be devastated to lose either Maddison or Fofana. Losing both, on top of Kasper, would kill any interest I have in this season I think.

Dubravka as a replacement for Kasper would make sense though.

Worries me though us wanting players from Chelsea and Newcastle when they want our key players.

Surely better to limit our incoming business until we have the recruitment team in place.

Seems less we “have” to sell and more we need to sell to buy. This is a strong squad as is why sell Maddison? We won’t find a player as good as him in the market we are looking in.

I’m just not as concerned as most about the lack of movement, would actually just prefer to see a few more outgoing than anything.

Surely better to limit our incoming business until we have the recruitment team in place.

Seems less we “have” to sell and more we need to sell to buy. This is a strong squad as is why sell Maddison? We won’t find a player as good as him in the market we are looking in.

I’m just not as concerned as most about the lack of movement, would actually just prefer to see a few more outgoing than anything.
Probably more likely we utterly ruined our chances last summer by spending what we had on crap.

Good old Brendan now coming out and telling the world we need to sell to balance the books. Yeah that will help our negotiation power. ****ing clown.

On another note, there’s no doubting what our owners have done for us over the past 10 years, but in the back of my mind I’m starting to wonder whether they’ve taken us as far as they can. Anyone else feeling like this? Or just miserable **** me?

Good old Brendan now coming out and telling the world we need to sell to balance the books. Yeah that will help our negotiation power. ****ing clown.

On another note, there’s no doubting what our owners have done for us over the past 10 years, but in the back of my mind I’m starting to wonder whether they’ve taken us as far as they can. Anyone else feeling like this? Or just miserable **** me?
I fear you may have a point here. And I fear this big time, because these owners have been unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566